59. dont give up on me🌺

Athena
-i'm not going down so easily, so don't give up on me-
-andy grammer-

He sets a plate of vegetables down in front of me, everyone else gets meat.

"You're funny." I pick up a piece of carrot. "Really funny, humour of an eleven year old."

"You don't seem to be phased by my words." He sits opposite me.

"Because i'm not going to listen to a man who kidnaps girls for a living. I'd rather listen to someone more..." I search for the words, "Relevant."

He slaps my face again.

I've learnt that he hates it when people talk back but if i do it, he gets annoyed and leaves the girls alone. His slaps mean nothing to me, him groping my body does but i learned it's better for me to get it rather than the other girls. I just want him away from the other girls. They're already vulnerable.

"I'll be relevant whenever you're stupid boyfriend finds your dead body-"

"My stupid boyfriend that you're obsessed with." I laugh.

His hand strikes my face again, the girl beside me lock eyes with me and she looked so scared, not of him, but for me.

He gets up and leaves the room, slamming the doors behind him.

His mental state is weird.

He's obsessed with getting girls pregnant, like obsessed with it, which is why he has raped the girls here numerously.

He tried to force himself upon me, all i needed to do was tell him i was already pregnant with Kai's child and he threw me off him, no longer wanted to try and rape me.

He kicked my stomach a couple times, trying to rid the baby.

He just touches me body, it makes me uncomfortable but i'd rather that then him in me or the other girls.

"You'll get yourself killed." Kira speaks up.

"I won't. He's too scared, he doesn't have the confidence to kill someone intentionally." I look at my watch under the pillow i was sitting on, it was dead, they won't find the location anymore because there's no battery to it.

"Why aren't you fazed whenever he hits you?" One of the girls, who's name i managed to get is Sophie, asks.

"Used to it." I push the broccoli to Kira. I don't really like broccoli. "Here, you need to stop giving your meat away."

"You need to eat more than three pieces of carrot." She accepts it anyway.

"I've survived on less." I stand up, one of the babies is turning one soon. I push the rest of the plate to his mom, Celina, "Just break it up small and he should be okay."

"You need to eat." She looks up.

"I'll be fine. He won't." I smile, walking off. I go to the medical room where Veronica was, she was cradling her baby.

"Is she okay?" I ask.

"No." She shakes her head.

Kira is quick to join us, "What happened?"

Yesterday, Veronica's baby, which she hasn't named yet, stopped breathing. There was nothing in the medical room to help, so the midwife in here gave the baby CPR to help with it.

She regulated the breathing but it hasn't been the same since.

Everyone's worried for her.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what else i can do." I rub my hands on my bare legs.