63. night changes✨

Kairi
-does it ever drive you crazy, just how fast the night changes-
-one direction-

"What?" I walk into the office, annoyed and agitated because i just wanted to spend time with Athena.

"Take a seat, Agent Hamada." My section chief, Polly says. She's an old scrawny white woman who finds amusement in peoples downfall, she's tried to take this position from me for ages.

I look at the team, all seated and annoyed, Ace was about to break something. I could see it in his hands, clutched onto the table, knuckles white.

I take the only free seat which was opposite Ace and kick his legs under the table, he looks up, shaking his head that this is something bad.

"Rest of the chiefs will join us shortly." She sits at the front of the table.

"Can we speed this up a little?" I look at her.

"You were late as well, Kairi." She sorts some files out.

Boredly, and silently, we wait for ten minutes until the rest of the chiefs join us. They all have more authority than me, i'm just a Unit Chief, they're actual Chief executives.

Alexander walks in too, and he doesn't look my way.

"Thanks for joining us on such a short notice of time." Polly starts, clearing her throat. "I hope you all got the message about the New York work vacation here is going to be over coming October 1st, meaning most of you will head back to Chicago."

"With initial assessments on the cases done and reviewed, we have come to realise a certain pattern in the team." She looks at Ezekiel, "Mr. Cross you have spent a total of fifty hours on field work... fifty hours in a year."

"Our section chief in Chicago allowed us to keep Ezekiel on desk duty for his remaining time at the team, he's better with being a technician then he is with a gun." I speak up. She can try all she wants to fault my team, i won't let her.

"What Section Chief was this?" She pulls a pen from the pen pot.

"Section Chief Hamish Lewis. Badge number 57915." I clear my throat.

She scribbled it down.

"Next, Agent Hernandez. On the Athena Arieta case, how on earth did you end up getting drugged in a safe house trying to protect a victim." She looks at Alejandro.

"Are you going to ask Secret Special Agent Hayley Ford the same question?" I raise an eyebrow, "What about the other fifteen agents at the scene that day."

"Agent Hamada if you're going to interrupt every question-"

"Section Chief White." I say loud and clear, "Will you hurry up and get on with your little ted talk? You know full rightly that everything you say, i'm going to have an appropriate answer to."

Ace smirks a little, but covers his mouth with his hand and looks down. She pisses me off.

"You're working interpol, Agend Hamada." Alexander speaks up.

"Excuse me?"

Interpol is in Scotland, i'm not stepping foot out of America.

"I've already signed the papers." Polly pushes it toward me, "Interpol needed someone to lead a new team of theirs, not just domestic crimes but worldwide, i sent your name in, they looked at your work. Out of Two hundred and seventy cases this year, your team, under your supervision, managed to solve a 260 of them, that's more than any unit. They want you."

"I don't want it." I push the papers back to her.

She was startled for a second, "Agent Hamada, you're currently earning $700 thousand dollars a year, this will increase your income so that you earn over a million a year-"

"I don't need, or care, about the money."

"Why?" Alexander stands tall.

"You know why i won't leave, Agent Arion, if this is your stupid attempt to get me away from Athena, it's not fucking working."

"Look at the papers Kairi, they requested you." He points to them.

"Find someone else."

"You like making things so difficult?" Alexander turns around, furious.

"Listen, i know if you sign me over to someone else, you all get paid an immense amount too but it's not fucking happening. My team are here and i'm not leaving here." I lean back in my seat.

"You're fully aware you don't really get to choose what unit to be in, right?" Alexander turns back to face me, "That's why we're here. We've signed you to Interpol, from October 1st, that's where you will work."

I stand up, taking my badge and my gun off, i throw them onto the table, "Kairi." Ace frowns.

I'd rather go back to tattooing.

"Stop being stubborn for gods sake." Alexander takes a breath.

"Uh, we'll discuss this without you guys and get back to you at the end of the day." Ace stands up quickly, "Thanks guys."

All the chiefs leave the room and Ace looks at me, "Are you fucking crazy?"

"I'm not leaving her." I sit back in the chair.

"Can you at least talk to her about it?" He pushes my badge and gun to me, "This is such a big opportunity, Kairi."

"I don't fucking care." I crack my knuckles, "I'm not gonna ruin it, who will even take care of this team?"

"They gave the job position to me." Khalil says, "I'd need another agent but they offered me to become the unit chief."

"Let me bring Athena round-"

"I'm not going to fucking Scotland-"

"Jesus Christ." Ace turns around, "Can you consider her for a moment. You know she's gonna hear about this and bitch slap you."

"Yeah and then if i leave she's gonna be all alone again, i'm not letting her go through that shit."

"If you don't take Interpol they're assigning you to Quantico."

"Better than Scotland."

"You get paid less then we do now-

"I don't need the money."

"Putting you on the long shifts, time difference and with your shifts you won't even see Athena-"

"Still better than Scotland."

"God you're so stubborn." He sits back in his chair.

I get up, leaving my badge and gun there, "Im staying here or i'm resigning all together." I walk out of the room, hearing them shout behind me.

=
=
=
=
=

i rly like zayn, i literally think he's the hottest guy in the entire world i'm not joking

word count: 1064