61. war of hearts✨

Kairi
-i can't help but want you, i know that i'd die without you-
-ruelle-

Kira stayed hugging mama, sniffing a little bit. "Finally." Kaya rolls her eyes. I ignore her stupid comments, Kira doesn't need to hear us arguing.

"Your brothers here." Mama pulls away, gripping Kira's hand still.

Kira smile at me, "Wow, the neck is finally covered." Her eyes do an initial scan of me, "Why so many? It's ruining your skin."

"Ah, don't lecture me right now." I embrace her into a hug, she barely touched me back. "How are you feeling?"

"Tired." She lets go, "What's the meaning behind all of these?" She rubs her hand down my arm.

"You know i never have a meaning behind any of the shit i tattoo on me." I sit on the edge of the bed, "You're starting to look like Kaya."

"Don't say that." She grits her teeth, "Where were you? Said you was gonna be here when i woke up."

"With his girlfriend." Kaya speaks up, "Having a nice little cuddle session."

"Can you shut up?" I look at her. I really don't see her problem with Athena. It's been almost a whole year and she still can't get over the fact i'm dating Athena.

"Ah, Athena." Kira's eyebrows raise, "How is she?"

"She's injured, a bit sore and stuff but she's strong." I smile, "Hows your foot from the surgery?"

"Sore." She looks to mama and Kaya, "Can you two leave for like ten minutes while i talk to Ri?"

"I'll get you food." Mama stands up.

Kaya and Mama leave so i take the chair Kaya was previously sitting in, "Whats up?"

"It's about Athena." She looks at me.

"What?"

"I don't like her." She takes a breath, and i was extremely shocked.

"Kira-"

"She has a god complex." She rolls her eyes, "Came in and suddenly everyone had to listen to her and-"

"She was trying to keep you safe!" I cannot believe my family sometimes.

"I'm glad she made Benjamin calm off on us a little bit, but i don't like her." She shakes her head, "She's so young as well, Kai-"

"Don't you start." I stand up, "I'll tell you the same thing i told Kaya, i really don't give a fuck what people say about our relationship, it's not gonna change."

"She's eighteen!"

"And?" I shrug my shoulders.

"She could be my friend." Her eyebrows raise, "She's an attention seeker!"

"Listen, Kira." I look away, "I'm glad you're back, really fucking glad my girlfriend had common sense to fucking track your guys location and find you, but just because your back, i'm not gonna change my feelings for Athena." I walk toward the door, "I'll bring mama-"

"She's using you."

"Bye Kira." I walk out of the hospital room, toward the canteen where mama and Kaya were waiting in the line. "Someone go to her."

"What happened?" Mama asks in Japansss.

"Nothing. I need to take part in the case via zoom, already took all my private days." I walk away from them, then out of the hospital building.