84. lost in japan🌺

Athena
-i was hoping i could get lost in your paradise-
-shawn mendes-

Japan is so beautiful.

Kairi and I are staying in a hotel in Tokyo, we signed in, unpacked and he did his initial camera sweep of the room before testing the pressure in the shower and stuff like that.

Then we headed down and we got food, he did all the speaking and i think i fell in love all over again- When he speaks Japanese his voice gets a little higher and less raspy, and i fucking love it. It roll off of his tongue so elegantly.

He taught me the basics while we were showering, how to say hello, thank you, do you speak English and what to say before we eat a meal.

Then we walked through the streets and it was so different to the states, people were selling things from their home and i thought it was so nice and i bought things i like, Kairi standing by and doing all the talking for me. I think i'm going to study Japanese during summer.

Now we're looking at the blossom trees, while he takes millions of photos of me, other tourists doing the same thing.

I tap a young girl on the shoulder, "Hey?" She says a little confused, British accent.

"Oh, sorry. I was just wondering if you could take a picture of me and my boyfriend." I nod my head back to Kairi who was picking up a fallen pink leaf, cutie.

"Of course." She takes the phone off me, i grab Kairi and i pose. He just stands there. I force him to hold my waist and he kisses my cheek while the girl snaps pictures of us.

"Thank you." I say once she hands my phone back and she waves, walking off.

"Let's see." He bends over me.

The main thing i noticed about Japan was that a lot of people are quite small, i thought Kairi was tall in the states but he's literally a giant here.

I swipe through the pictures she took, smiling as the snapshots fade from his just standing there to the process of him kissing my cheek.

"Wanna meet some of my friends?" He asks.

"You have friends." I say shocked and he smiles.

"Ace would visit Hawai'i during the summer, but we would always visit Japan during Christmas, mama loves the snow." He hands my hand, "I already told them you were coming."

"Oh, making decisions on behalf of me now?" I joke and he smiles, rolling his eyes playfully.

Kairi got a lot of stares as we walked the streets, he told me it had something to do with the fact he's with a foreigner, or his height, or all the tattoo's on display; probably all three.

We end up in a more wealthy neighbourhood, i could tell just by the difference in the houses. These were a lot more westernised. "This is where mama and papa lived, Aoyama."

I repeat it after him and he smiles, knocking on the door to a house. "Take your shoes off at the door."

"I'm not that stupid." I slap his thigh.

"And bow."

"Not that stupid either."

"Deeper the bow the more respect you show, this guys thirty."

"I also know that."

"Older he is, more respect you show him."

"Educated on that as well."

The door opens and i bow before a hand placed on my shoulder, Kairi and another laugh fills up, I raise to meet a white guy, "Hamada i will murder you." I mutter, "Hello."