93. always been you✨

Kairi
-i swear that you've been sent to save me-
-shawn mendes-

Hospital rooms are always so fucking bright for no reason.

Even with my eyes closed, they're too bright.

I try again a couple minutes later and manage to crack my eyes open a little bit, seeing the white room, main light off but a lamp in the corner on.

My whole body is aching.

I know i'm in here because i was shot, but this doesn't feel like a gun shot. I've been shot numerous times before and this feels absolutely horrible compared to them.

I squeeze my hand but stop when i feel her hand in mine. Her soft hand, she always has soft hands.

I wanted to desperately move my head to look at her but it felt so stiff and heavy. I move my eyes, straining them to look at her through fanned lashes. She's asleep, hand connected to mine, curled up on a hospital chair.

I can't fucking sit up.

i wanted to wake her and ask her to help me but i also wanted her to rest.

I close my eyes again.

-

I hear faint talking, that wakes me. I'm usually a light sleeper anyway.

I crack open my eyes again, squinting them at the light shining. The main light is on now. And there's doctors in my room.

Athena and another doctor is standing at the edge of the bed talking to one another.

"Athena." I say.

The look of relief over her as she looks this way, the doctor smiling and everyone in the room stopping what they were doing. "Baby, I can't move my body."

The back of the bed starts raising until i'm in a sitting position and Athena's at my side now, "Can you squeeze my hand?" She laces her fingers through mine.

I squeeze down on her hand and she closes her eyes, about to cry. "What?" I squeeze again.

"That's a good sign, Kai." She raises my hand for me, it felt so heavy. Her lips press against my hand and and smiles, "God you had me worried sick."

"Athena mind stepping out why we do some tests?" An older doctor says.

"No, don't go." I don't want her to go. It's felt like forever since i've held her.

"I'll be outside, promise." She puts my hand down and i don't think i can move it again.

She hovers over me, pressing her lips to my forehead before walking out.

"Kairi, can you recall what happened?"

"I got shot." I look at Athena through the window, she was beginning to talk on the phone.

"Do you remember where?" He asks.

"Chest."

"Can you move your fingers?"

I move my fingers slightly, as much as i can.

"What about your toes?"

And i do the same.

"Your neck, i'm going to hold it, i want you to look at me when i do." He walks to the left side of me and holds my chin gently. He was helping me turn my head toward him but even as i do that, the strain and energy it took me to move my head was horrible, it hurt.

"If i got shot why is it like this?" I ask.

"We accidentally punctured a nerve while doing surgery, and also because you haven't moved for a week, your joints are stiff. Are you okay to use a heated blanket, i need to make the room as warm as possible in hopes to help your situation."