62. happiest year🌺

—Athena—
-thank you for the happiest year of my life-
-jaymes young-

I didn't want to go back to my apartment and be alone, i didn't want to stay in dads mansion all alone, i didn't want to bother Atlas and Skylar while she's pregnant, so Kairi offered to keep me at his.

It was good when it was just the two of us, that was a whole week before Kira got out of the hospital and Kaya, Kira and their mom, who insists i call her Mama as well, stayed.

Mama is actually the nice one, Kira has grown an unknown resentment to me for some reason and Kaya, well Kaya hasn't changed.

Kairi walks out of the bathroom with a towel hanging over his shoulders and one loosely on his waist. I pretend not to study his shirtless body and look back down at the book i was reading.

"Like something you see, baby?" He opens his closet, walking in.

"Not really." I put my eyes back on the book. Okay, to be completely honest, i stopped reading the book a while ago but i'm bored, Kairi's been handling cases with the police department and i'm too scared to leave the house alone so i haven't got my new phone yet so i'm pretending to read when i'm reality i'm daydreaming majority of the time.

I have nothing to do, nothing in the last fifty pages of this book has registered through my mind.

He walks out with some grey sweatpants on, black boxer band above the waistband of the sweats. "What are you reading?" He asks, applying vaseline to a cut on his jaw because apparently that's all he needs for it to heal.

I look at the cover of the page, "Some book with a french title." I mutter, "Is that you done for the week?"

He nods his head, "Bosses are being nice and letting me take the next couple weekends off." He looks at me through his mirror, "Wanna do something?"

"Can you take me to get a new phone?" I ask, closing the book over.

"Yeah." His phone pings. I look at it sitting on the bedside table and pick it up, "What does it say?"

I tap the screen, reading the message.

"New York completed, Chicago return will start October 1st, back to normal basis. Good job."

I read aloud and he sighs, "Fucks sake."

"What is that?" I put his phone beside me.

"Tell you later on baby, come on." He pulls a white shirt over his head.

Absolutely not.

"Cover up." I tilt my head to the side.

He frowns, "What?"

"You are not leaving the house with your dick on display and your arms and tattoos and biceps on display. Cover up, a hoodie please." I clap my hands together.

"Aww, you jealous?" He smirks, disappearing into his closet again.

"Very much." I smile. I'm glad he's the one person who isn't treating me differently.

Everybody else is walking on eggshells, afraid to touch me, afraid to bring up any conversation.

He isn't. He's being himself and making me feel like nothing ever happened.

He walks out with a black sweatshirt on, "Better for you?"

"Very much." I pick his phone up, throwing it to him. He catches it effortlessly and then opens his bedroom door.