96. a thousand years✨

Kairi
-i have died everyday waiting for you-
-christina perri-

**three years later**

I spot Athena waiting at the bench i usually pick her up from. She looked exhausted bless her, her hand on her stomach, her hair a mess, i'm pretty sure there was vomit over her scrubs.

Instead of beeping the horn, i park and make my way over to her. "What's wrong, baby?"

She looks up, her eyes dropping to the gun on my belt immediately. I didn't have time to change today. "You're still working?" She asks, standing up.

"No, didn't have time to change. What's up? You look horrible." I nudge her shoulder.

"Stop." She glares at me, "I got kicked in the stomach by a man with schizophrenia today, been hurting ever since."

"Ohh schizophrenic or not, gonna beat his ass." I open the door for her. She sighs as she looks at the step. I do her the favour and lift her up until she shuffles down onto the seat.

"Thank you." She mumbles.

I walk over to my side and get in, pulling her belt over her for. I grab her leg while driving, silence. When she's tired like this she prefers to not talk.

Once home i see the rest of the team were here. We're working with an international team as well, a link of crimes between Chicago and Sicily. A lot of people being killed.

"Baby." I shake her leg.

Her eyes open and she notices the cars, and her lip quivers before she starts crying.

Oh.

I hold her face in my hand, wiping the tears with my thumb, "What happened?" I let her rest her cheek into me.

She tries to calm herself down for a while before giving up and taking a exasperated breath. "I'm pregnant." She spits out.

What?

It felt as if the entire world just stopped for a second. She's pregnant?

"I... I wasn't feeling too well the other day, kept throwing up and stuff, went to the nurses office and took some blood samples, my hormone levels are the same for a pregnant woman... So i took a test and... and it came back positive. Three months, maybe four. I don't know yet."

Right.

Shit, okay.

I mean, she has finished med school. We've did all the things we wanted to do before we even discussed this topic again. Well, i still don't have my anger properly dealt with but i'll learn.

She's finished med school, she's opened a book cafe for Mrs. Brown, she works there sometimes too, she's even got her PhD in her own name.

"I'm so sorry."

I never want to hear her apologise again.

Not over this.

"Don't... Athena don't say sorry, come on we always said we'd talk about this after you've finished med school, come on." I get out of the car, my hands trembling a little bit. She already has our baby growing in ber.

Fuck.

I open the door and she jumps out, holding her stomach, her legs shaking slightly. "I... I need to calm down, brief with the team and come to me after. I need to calm down." She grips onto my hand.

I didn't really know what to do, i'm shocked right now. And scared. I'm never fucking scared.

I walk her into the house, her cries still going strong. I walk in and smelled Orions usual chicken pasta cooking. Fuck, everyone's here.