46. love is only a feeling🌺

Athena
-one day we gonna get gone and get away from here, you're the only reason i be staying here-
-joey bada$$-

"Athena." Niyla calls my name in class, i hate being called on. "The enzyme that saliva contains acts on what nutrient?"

I think for a moment, i need to revise more for pop quizzes and questions, she's always picking on random people at random times.

It's starch or proteins, which one i do not know.

"Uh, starch?" I take a random guess.

"Correct, next time don't stutter." She clears her throat, picking up a suturing kit, "Being confident will make you look like you know what you're doing, even if you don't." She walks off, questioning another student about suturing techniques.

We have our first emergency room 'shifts' next month, only doing observations but i am so excited.

We did some coursework on anatomy, was given another assignment and then allowed to leave. I go straight to the campus cafe, Kairi's picking me up from here, he's going to take me back to Mrs. Browns cafe so i can work there while i serve people i like and have things i enjoy.

As soon as i sit, Oakley walks over. "Your makeups rubbing off your neck." He sits opposite me.

I check in my phone, he's right, the hickeys Kairi left me are starting to show. "I'm heading home soon so it doesn't really matter." I lock my phone.

"Is your boyfriend like... a mafia leader or something? With all the tattoos?" He leans back, sipping on a bottle of sprite.

"Opposite."

"Cop?"

"FBI agent."

"Oh... that's unexpected." He smiles, "I was going to flirt with you but you have a boyfriend, who's an agent, so i'll lay off."

I smile awkwardly, "Thank you."

"The others i can't say will do the same." He stands up, "You've taken a lot of interest, Athena."

"Too bad for them." I clear my throat.

"Too bad indeed, i'm taking your class next month for the ER, can't wait to see you work." He picks his bottle up, leaving without saying another word.

I pick my phone up as Oakley leaves, feeling eyes burn into me. I look over, a group of the sports guys all looking this way.

I look back at my phone, calling Kairi. "Yes baby." He answers straight away.

"When will you be here?" I occupy my eyes to not look at the guys.

"I was just about to call you, outside the campus now."

"Come into the cafe."

"Everything okay?"

"Just there's some guys making me uncomfortable so i'm using you to scare them off."

He chuckles, "I'll be right there baby." And hangs up.

I answer some messages while i wait for Kai, Dads in Los Angeles bringing me back a load of stuff, i love him.

Ten minutes later Kai walks in, his eyes scanning the cafe until he finds me, he smirks and then side eyes the group of football guys as he walks up to me.

He takes his jacket off, his bare, tattooed arms exposed, muscular and... hot. The girls now looked at him.

"I said make the boys scared not make the girls stare." I frown, unable to keep my eyes off his biceps. His shirt was tight, muscles peaking through it.