64. paragraphs🌺

Athena
-not gonna stand and watch this thing we have get torn up in two-
-luke chiang-

"Why do you hate me?" I ask Kira, sitting on the floor by the window and stroking Apollo.

"You're not good for Kairi." She says.

"You never said that while we were in there." I look down.

"I thought it though." She looks at me, "Do you know how i feel?"

"No."

"You took him away from me." She wipes her nose with the back of her hand. "I was gone four years, and as soon as he seen us. He had to choose between you or me when he should have ran straight to me." She opens up.

"He was walking me to the ambulance while his eyes were on you." Her voice breaks, "He left me with the paramedic while he rushed to see if you were okay, and he woke up beside you. I woke up and he wasn't there because he was too busy with you."

"That's not my fault."

"Yes it is, Athena." She narrows her eyes, crying. "You completely ruined the chances of us being a normal family again. Kaya doesn't like you, mom tolerates you because of Kairi and I really don't like you. You're going to be the reason our family breaks apart."

I wipe my eyes. Maybe i am bad for Kairi, that's all Kaya has said to me for the past four hours he's been away.

"I don't mean for it to be that way." I look away from her.

"But yet you're staying. You're making it that way. You know whenever you're around, he doesn't even look at me." Her jaw clenches, "He asks what you want for dinner before he asks me, He spends more time with you than he has my mama-"

"Okay Kira, i get it-"

"You clearly don't. Otherwise you would have left."

"Why don't you bring this up to him? Tell him you feel left out."

"He doesn't care! He only cares whenever it involves you." She seethes.

"Kira i'm sorry for the way you're feeling, really-"

"No you're not-"

"What do you want me to do!" I raise my voice.

"Leave." She deadpans, "Get your shit and leave and never come back. We'll all be much happier. And maybe my own brother will pay attention to me."

Just then, the door opens and a drunk Kairi stumbles in, my eyes drop to the vodka bottle in his hand, why is he drinking straight vodka?

He closes the door behind him, his hands beat and hair messy, a rip in his sweatpants. "Kairi?" I take Apollo's head off my knees.

"Great and he hasn't drank in about six years too, bet this is because of you." Kira's jaw clenches.

I ignore her and walk up to Kairi, "Hey my beautiful." He places a kiss on my cheek, "Did you have food?"

"Why are you drinking?" I take the vodka off him, it's nearly empty. He reeks of alcohol. How much did he drink?

I tip the vodka down the sink while he holds the wall as he stumbles into our room, then i grab him a water. I ignore Kira on the couch and go straight to him, closing the door behind him as he starts to strip.

"Baby." I set the water on the bedside table.

He pulls his sweatshirt off, throwing it to the floor, "You... Look i got a new tattoo." He pulls his shirt over his head, black ink spilled onto his Vline, "Baby do you like it?" He pulls his sweatpants off.