52. miss independent ✨

Kairi
-just something about the way she move, i can't figure it out, it's something about her-
-neyo-

"Kairi." Alexander greets me, Athena was showering and he showed up early. Better for me to talk to him. "What was this important message you need to tell me?"

Ace sat on Athena's couch, looking at locations. I reached under the sofa and grabbed the blue parcel holding my sisters dress and the note.

The note that said, 'Athena will be next. You know what you need to do. I will take Athena if you do not do it. I'm sure Athena and Kira will have a lot to talk about and catch up on. Kira states she misses you, by the way. It was funny watching Kira cry at the picture of you and Kaya. Kira thinks dearest big brother has forgotten about her.' followed by a picture of her walking with her friend, Charlie, in the campus.

I don't know what i need to do. Best believe i would have fucking did it already.

I give him the note and he reads it, nodding his head and licking his teeth. "Have you told her?" He holds it up.

"No." I won't until i can assure i can keep her safe.

"Good. Don't." He gives me back the note. "I'll have people stationed in the University and hire someone to watch her."

"They know she lives here." I sit on the couch, moving some work.

I don't want to leave her alone so i tell the guys to meet me here whenever she's alone and we have time. Her apartments getting crowded with stuff, i know she hates it but she doesn't say anything. Just gives me the cold shoulder or ignores me, i understand but i'm doing this for her benefit.

"I'd assume so." He leaves his suitcase by the door, "Anything else?"

"Nothing since the past week." Ace says, "But there's something weird about the way it's wrote."

"How so?" Alexander looks to the copy we made of the note.

"It's not wrote using the grammar a... Normal person wouldn't use. The use of names repetitively suggest a rejection complex." He says, "Athena... Athena..."

"Yes?" Athena walks out of her bedroom. I quickly cover the files. "Oh, Hey dad."

I look at her, towel wrapped around her body and around her head.

"Hey darling, go get changed." He laughs a little.

She tiptoes over to the kitchen and picks up her shirt, then walks back and closes the door.

"We need to go somewhere more private." Ace says.

"I'm not leaving her here alone." I did the mistake of leaving Kira alone, i won't let Athena follow in fate, not if i can prevent it.

"She won't be, i'll take her to my office and get Hayley to occupy her. She's wanted to go." Alexander stands tall, "Was she at Uni today?"

"Yeah, just home." I start gathering everything.

He turns on the phone to talk to someone and Athena walks out with her hair wet and an oversized shirt with some biker shorts on.

"Baby my shoulders sore." She sees her dad is on the phone and hands me her hair tie, "Just a pony."

I tie her hair into a low pony, putting my hands on her shoulders, "Where does it hurt?"

Her arm bends awkwardly to touch the spot where it hurts. I gently press my thumbs there, feeling tension and a knot, "What have you been doing baby? You're back is full of knots." I feel around, i'll give her a good massage tonight.