6. she wonders why✨

--Kairi
-love everyone but don't love yourself-
-astrus*-

We walked into Mrs. Browns little cafe, her husband invited us to come after bust. Ace has been begging to go since then but we all said no, he managed to take us today.

"You're paying." I push Ace down in the seat by the corner.

"Happily." He picks the menu up, "It's so cute in here."

"It's a cafe." I like black coffee.

"It's a cute cafe you moody piece of ass." He smiles as the old lady starting to waddle over for us, "Hi Mrs. Brown, remember us?"

She smiles, "No."

Ace's smile drops, the woman's probably got dimentia or something. "Not to worry." He mumbles, eyes scanning over the menu, "Uh... We'll order soon."

"Take your time." She smiles again and then walks off back to the kitchen. She should really get someone to work in here.

"She doesn't remember me." Ace pouts, "How can someone forget this face." He scratches his clean shaved jaw.

"Its worth forgetting." Khalil mumbles.

"Hi Mrs. Brown." A voice echoes throughout the cafe. That annoying voice that pisses me off.

Athena comes round then corner and then gasps, "Move." She looks at the twins.

"Athena Lia-Marie." Ace speaks up, a smirk on his lips. He's interested in her.

She looks to him and smiles, "Move your friends. This is my seat."

She was dressed appropriately for the weather today, a pair of baby pink sweatpants, a white shirt and a zip jacket on.

"Athena they're customers." Mrs. Brown walks over. Athena rolls her eyes, narrowing them at the twins before she walks away.

"She's so hot." Ace turns to look back at her. He's the youngest of us, twenty-four but acts as if he still in his teens.

"Isn't she underage?" Malik raises an eyebrow.

"Said to me the day we met she was seventeen turning eighteen in two weeks. It's been three." Ace looks back at us.

"Can you guys just hurry up and order." I lean back in the seat. She's a child, cries an awful lot and doesn't have basic manners.

Mrs. Brown walks past us and up to Athena, they were talking for a while, then Athena comes up to us. "What do you want?" She doesn't even look at me.

"Strawberry Macchiato, extra purée-" Ace starts but Athena cuts him off by saying, "This isn't starbucks."

"You've got a little attitude on you today." He puts the menu down.

She frowns a little, trying to hold her smile, "So strawberry macchiato?"

"And strawberry macarons." He finishes off.

"Mrs. Brown do we have macarons?" She shouts.

"Yes Athena, that's why they're on the menu." Mrs. Brown shouts back.

She looks to Khalil, "What's your name? I only know Ace and Malik." She flashes her dimples at Malik.

"Khalil." He laughs a little, "Just a green tea."

"Oh you're weird." She writes it down, "And for Malik?" She just ignored me. Just went straight to Malik.

"Coffee, splash of cream, no milk." He chuckles at the fact she ignored me, "And a blueberry muffin please."

"I like the blueberry ones too." She looks to the twins, "Are you guys twins?"

"Yeah." Azriel clears his throat, "Just a latte please."

"A banana smoothie." Ezekiel asks for, "And a banana muffin."

"What's your guys names?" She looks to them.

"Azriel and Ezekiel." Azriel points to them.

"They'll all probably come out at different times." She goes to walk off but Ace grabs her wrist, "What?"

"You're forgetting someone." He points to me.

She looks to me, "No, choosing to ignore it."

It? is she being serious.

Then she walks off.

"What did you do to her?" Ace laughs at me.

"Tried to give her a place to stay." I watch as she starts helping Mrs. Brown in the kitchen.

"Why?" He faces me.

"Remember the girl I told you I would keep an eye on in the play park, well it's her." I crack my knuckles, "She says she's not homeless but i've caught her there many times, asked her and she said she stays there when she doesn't want to go home."

"Maybe she's just got home problems." Malik states the obvious.

She walks over with two teas and a saucer, setting one for Khalil and the other for Azriel, his latte had a leaf pattern on it.

"Mrs. Brown said I need to take your order so what do you want?" She looks at me.

"Coffee, black."

She walks off and five minutes later, all of our drinks our out. "I paid for it." She walks away, back to her own table.

"Why'd she pay?" Khalil asks.

"Shes just nice, I guess." Ace looks back at her, oh he is down bad.

"She told me to fuck off an immense amount of times." I sip on my coffee.

"You probably pissed her off." He looks to me, "You piss everyone off."

"I was being nice." I roll my eyes.

"You say that but you probably forced her to follow you and then was rude whenever she didn't listen." He smiles sarcastically, "I've been your friend since birth, I know your way, Hamada."

"I should have kicked you out this unit when I was given the chance." I mumble, I don't like people, especially rude ones when all i'm trying to do is help.

We stay talking about upcoming cases we need to do and about the new woman i've accepted into the team. The commander said we should add a woman just in case, a lot of our victims our women so having someone they can relate to will make them more comfortable.

Mrs. Brown walks over, "Can I get anything else for you?" She picks up Azriels empty latte cup.

"Is Athena single?" Ace asks, oh he really tests my patience.

Mrs. Brown laughs, "As a pringle, I don't think she's ever showed interest in a guy, Why? Are you interested in her?" I was shocked to hear that.

"Yes, I am." He smiles.

"Lovely girl, very loud though, doesn't care about others opinions. I'll drop in a good word for you." She puts her hand on his shoulder and then walks away.

"She's eighteen." I look at him, extremely disappointed.

"Legal." He winks.

"You're pushing it, Ace. Come on, let's go."

=
=
=
=
=
Ace kinda hot too

word count: 1062