65. humpty✨

Kairi
-i'm sorry for taking but i keep wanting more-
-mitski-

TW: mentions of abuse

I don't know why i ever drink. I remember stopping four years ago after i nearly beat a guy to death with my bare hands because he looked at the girl i was flirting with.

I never drank since, i get too angry, when i drink i can never contain my anger. And i never seem to learn my lesson either.

I woke up, not in my own apartment bedroom but i've stayed enough nights in Ace's spare room to know it was his.

I roll onto my side, looking at the aspirin and water left for me, i swallow them down quickly, relieving the scratch from my throat before i sit up.

I take a second before sitting up, taking a breath and taking the covers off me, Still in my boxers.

I look to my pelvic bone, then look up, then look down again. Am i imagining that?

I run my finger over the fresh tattoo.

ah, shit.

I walk straight from the bed and open the door which goes straight to his living room. Athena stood washing the dishes, Ace was sitting on the couch. "Morning, sunshine." He looks up, his eye bags heavy, a bruise on his cheek.

"What... what happened?" I grab a pair of his shorts that were hanging over his chair, slipping them on.

When i slide them up, i notice the cuts and bruises on my knuckles. Shit.

"What do you want to eat?" Athena turns around, her face cut and bruised too.

No.

No no.

Oh god no.

"Baby how did you-" I walk up to her, putting the pieces together in my head.

She's got in a fight, i've been in a fight. No. I would never hurt her, drunk or not. I would never fucking do it. "Baby did... Did i do this?" I hold her face gently in my hands, eyes watering.

I'm going to fucking kill myself if i laid my hands on her.

"Kai what?" She frowns.

"Did i do this?" I look around her injuries, "Oh my-" I feel a tear roll down my cheek.

"What the fuck Kairi, no you didn't." She hits my chest, "Dipshit, go sit down."

"Dude you fucking hit me!" Ace exclaims and makes my attention sever from Athena to him.

"You?" I mean, that probably doesn't surprise me.

"Yeah, me." He frowns.

I look back at Athena who was walking into his bedroom, and then i walk to beside Ace. "What... What happened to her?"

"Let's talk about what happened to me first, okay?" He slaps me around the face and i don't stop him, or retaliate. I probably deserve that.

"Fuck you, man." He points, "Fuck you. I haven't dealt with your drunk ass since i was twenty, and you're out here hitting me whenever i do? You knocked me the fuck out man and that was so fucking embarrassing-"

"I knocked you out?"

"One punch. That's all it fucking took and next thing i know i'm awake in my fucking room with Athena standing over me, fixing my nose- One punch Kairi, fuck you."

"What happened to her?"

"Here." She walks out of the room, giving me a shirt, "I'll explain everything in just waiting on Malik."