37. lover of mine✨

Kairi
-take all of me, deep to where your secrets hide-
-5sos-

Arrived in Hawaii yesterday, Kaya and i stayed at a hotel to save us arriving home extremely late.

I stood outside the house we grew up in, it never gets easier standing here. Remembering it was the first time dad hit me, mom got sick, last time i seen Kira.

"Stop being so emotional." Kaya walks past me.

"Stop being so bitchy." I roll my suitcase up.

She opens the door first, switching languages so it's easier for mom. "Mama." She shouts.

Mom pops around the corner, her robe on and hair in a towel. In Japanese she says, "I didn't know you two were coming today." And then runs up to greet her daughter before me. Typically like that, i know its because she likes giving me longer hugs though.

"Missed you mama." She squeezes mom before pulling away and letting mom run to me, wrapping her arms around my torso she reaches my ribs. It surprises me how small mom really is sometimes.

"You're going to suffocate me." I rub her back.

"You need to come home more often." She pulls away. Kaya does emergency department work in Hawaii, she visits more than i can.

"I'll try." I kick my shoes off. She doesn't let go of my arm until we walk into the living room. She's changed the layout again. "Mama who helped change this?"

"I did." She sits me down on the couch. "Do you two want tea? Coffee, Ri?"

"Coffee please." I sit back, my phone buzzing.

She talks to Kaya and then heads off to make our drinks and i take my phone out of my pocket, it was Ace telling me to have a 'Holly Jolly Christmas"

About fifty times, followed by a spam of pictures from his house decorated in Christmas decorations.

I leave him on opened like i usually do and find myself clicking on Athena's name. I'm so fucking furious that she didn't tell me anything, but i know i need to call her soon and clear the air. She's upset enough as it is, she doesn't need to be sad over Christmas because of me.

My thumbs linger on my screen, the last thing she texted me being a while ago, saying 'see you later.'

I don't even know what to say to her.

Maybe i should call her instead.

"Mama." Kaya shouts, "I'm going to meet West." She stands up. That's the guy she's been talking to.

"You just got here." Mom walks over with a tea and a coffee cup.

"I'll be back soon." She kisses moms cheek.

Mom walks over and sets the coffee on the coffee table and then sits beside me, sipping on the tea she made for Kaya. "So, who is she?"

"Hm?" I look at her.

"The girl you're stressed about." She puts her hand on my knee, "I know you too well for this, Kairi. Go on, what's her name?"

"Mama do you not want to talk about something different?" I sip on the coffee. Not that i don't want to talk about Athena, i would talk about her all the time if i could.

"Nope." She leans back, tea in her hands, resting on her legs. "Go on, tell me about the girl that's got your eye."

I lean back with her, "Her names Athena." I smile at her though, but my smile dropped, "She's my girlfriend."