72. bad romance ✨

Kairi
-i want your love and i want your revenge-
-lady gaga-

"What the fuck is that?" I look at Ace's plate of food.

"This is Haggis." He smiles, "Wanna bite?"

"No, that looks fucking disgusting." I sit on the chair next to him, "When's our next case?"

"Tomorrow." He opens up a piece of paper, "Sheep pluck... minced onion, oatmeal... Ew." He mumbles.

An unknown caller rings my phone and i look to Ace, I press answer and then put it on speaker while he chops the haggis up into tiny pieces.

"Athena babe." Some guy comes on and both Ace and I look at each other.

"Athena... This is your number right?"

I take a breath when i realize it's nothing bad, i forced her to give the jocks my number if they were bothering her. This guy seems to be the first.

"Hey, who are you?" I ask.

"It's Carter, is that Athena's dad? Sorry, looking for my girl-"

"No it's her fucking boyfriend. Call her babe again and i'm gonna cut your tongue from your mouth." I lean back, i miss her too much for this shit. "Leave her the fuck alone, man."

"Chill, bro." He laughs a little, "God you can't let your girl have friends?"

"Not if they sound like you, have you even hit puberty yet?" Ace has an input, "Laave her the fuck alone, man. Trust me."

"Dude i was just tryna-"

"Well stop, she tells me any more shit and i'll see you soon." I hang up, "Fucking headaches man."

"How is my amore, i miss her."

"Haven't talked in a couple days, she's busy." I dial her number anyway.

It rings a couple times before she answers, "Baby there's some guy following me home." She says quietly, "I'm supposed to be meeting my dad but i'm running late."

Why did i ever leave.

"Where's Maya?" I ask.

"Home, she was sick. Dads meeting me- sorry- dads meeting me at your house but i don't wanna take whoever's following me back there so i'm going to a public place." She says quickly. Common sense, my clever girl.

"I'll call your dad to pick you up, baby. Can you stay on the line with me?" I track her location as Ace starts calling Alexander. "What does the guy look like?"

"He's tall, same height as you maybe a little smaller, he's quite skinny... white... long hair, he's looking at me oh my god." She whispers, "Okay i'm in a lingerie store and he followed me over, should i go to a worker?"

"Stay beside someone." I nod my head whenever Ace walks of to talk to Alexander, "Is he still following you?"

"He's waiting from outside the store." She mumbles, "I'm pretending to look at the clothes but he's like full staring at me."

"Your dads on the way now." Ace shouts, "Smack him amore. Not your dad, the guy."

She laughs a little, "Oh i miss you Ace. Also, baby i gave your number to that guy that won't leave me alone."

"Yeah i had a word with him." I see Alexanders message pop up that he's leaving to get her now. "Is the guy doing anything else?"

"Hi sorry, how much is this? Can i take it please, thank you-"