epilogue🌺

"Dr. Arieta, there's someone waiting for you in Room 15." Dr. Bang shouts.

I'm supposed to be going home.

I grab a new file, pulling a new pair of gloves over my hand as i make my way to room fifteen. I walk in, my frustration dropping when i see Kairi and my kids.

"Take them." He says.

"Take them?" I pick Asahi up, Hana stayed clutched go Kairi. How it usually is. She favours him, Asahi favours me. He's such a momma's boy.

"He pushed her in the pool, she tried to bury him in the sandpit." He looks tired. Now he knows how i feel.

"Good job for making papa stressed." I kiss Asahi's cheek.

"Not funny." Kairi glares at me, standing up.

"Papa gave me tomatoes." Asahi buries his head in my neck.

"He asked for extra tomatoes. I give him tomatoes. He complains." Kairi's nostrils flare. "And then he did a you and threw the tomatoes at me."

I laugh and roll my eyes at how dramatic he is, walking out, "Take him while i grab my stuff." I pass Asahi back to him.

Hana smiles tiredly at me. I squish her cheeks and make my way into the locker rooms. Mal was hiding out in here. "What are you doing?" I ask.

"Maggie's looking for me but i don't want to talk to her so here i am. What are you doing here?"

"It's my time to go home." I open my locker and pull my jacket out.

"You lucky bitch." He groans, "Tell Ace i'll be home at Four... AM." They kinda just moved in with us and i love it. The kids call him Uncle Mal and Ace, Uncie Ace.

"Yup, will do." I grab the rest of my stuff, walking out to see Hana pulling Kairi's hair, Asahi pulling Hana's hair.

He took parenting classes while i was pregnant, i only went to a few because after the fourth month, i literally couldn't move. He got his anger in check, most of it, and when they were born, i think a lot of the stuff he felt was washed away. He adores them with every inch of him. He cried while i gave birth, i didn't even cry. He cherishes them. Literally, he's always like to me 'they're so touchy' but what he doesn't realize is that he's the one that touches them. He grabs onto them for unnecessary reasons, sneaks them into our bed sometimes. I love it. Because he's the exact opposite of the father he though he would be.

Kairi gives me a death glare and i laugh at him, pulling Hana away from him. She has Kairi's eyes, like the exact same color and everything. But they both have my lips, it's adorable, their cute little pout.

"You smell bad mama." Hana says, but wraps her legs around me anyway.

"Thank you baby." I kiss her cheek, she kisses mine back.

Kairi's Jeep was waiting outside. He unlocks it and straps Asahi in while i strap Hana in. I give her my phone and Kairi gives Asahi his and they finally stop arguing.

They love each other to death, i mean, Hana got suspended from pre-school because she hit a kid who kept bullying Asahi. Kairi was so proud, I was too. But they argue like grannies. They hate sharing, it's got to the point where they hate sharing so much that they both have their own room. But so god help anyone who dare hurts Asahi, Hana will eat them alive. She's older and you can certainly tell. She defends him with her life.

Kairi gets in the drivers seat and leans over, kissing me. "I'm contemplating going for a buzz cut so they'll stop pulling my hair." He mumbles against my lip.