58. work song✨

Kairi
-no grave can hold my body down, i'll crawl home to her-
-hozier-

"It's just bouncing off signal towers." Ezekiel types on his keyboard, "Like it doesn't stay in one location for longer than five seconds."

"Ezekiel." I raise my voice. "You have worked with signal blockers before. Do it again. The watch is government-"

"Kairi." Alexander shouts. "Leave, now."

I grab my bag, walking out of the room.

It's been a week. A whole fucking week.

They drugged Alejandro and Hayley, distracted all the security guards. Took Athena.

They took my girl.

I walk into the bedroom where she was staying, there was nothing, nothing to indicate where she was taken to.

"You need to calm down before you're taken off the case." Ace closes the door. "We're doing all we can."

"It isn't enough." I lean against the desk. I promised to keep her safe. If i didn't go she would be safe, she would be with me.

"Kairi, we will find her."

"When?" I raise my voice. "In four years time? Whenever she's been abused and raped and hurt? I can't sit here and do nothing while she's out there, while Kira is out there and god knows how many other girls."

"You're not doing nothing." He walks to me. "You've been working your ass off to find out where they are-"

"I haven't found them." I put my head in my hands.

"You will." He says, "You always do. Come on man don't start doubting yourself now because it's Athena. She's gonna bitch slap you once she found out how mean you're being to everyone."

I smile a little, knowing how true it is.

My phone rings and i answer it, Ace staying in the room. "Shua." I say.

"Heard about your girl, there's other cameras in the house." He says.

"And you didn't think to tell me this?" I put him on speaker. All the ones we situated there had the footage wiped clean.

"Just slipped my mind. They're hidden."

"Dick." Ace says. This could have saved us so much time. I could have found her faster.

"Yeah yeah." He clears his throat, "socket opposite the bed in the master bedroom."

I look, and then i felt anger again.

"Who had access to these?" They would have seen her naked, us making love, sleeping, changing.

"We can talk about that-"

"Who could see them, Joshua?" I make my voice more stern.

"Me." His voice was quiet.

"You're a disgusting human." Ace spits out.

"I'm going to slit your throat like i said i would. Tell me the rest." I pull the socket off the wall, a small camera on the screws.

There was loads throughout the house, Ace and I gathered them all and then dumped them on the table. I kept the ones in the bedroom and bathroom. I will go through these.

"You need to send someone for Joshua's arrest." I look to Alexander. "And fucking keep him hidden until i get my hands on him."

He didn't even need an explanation, he was disgusted as he looked at the cameras.