60. in the night✨

Kairi—
-and i know she's capable of anything, it's riveting-
-the weeknd-

Kira was asleep on the hospital bed, mama and Kaya sat beside her on the chairs. "She's so skinny." Kaya looks at her little sister.

"She's been starved for four years straight, not gonna be a healthy weight, is she now?" I rub my eyes.

"Why are you in such a pissy mood for?" She looks at me.

"Both of you stop it." Mama says in Japanese, her warning tone on. "When will she wake up, Kairi?"

"Whenever the medication wares off." I look out of the window, she's in critical condition, nurses need a full view of her. She was put in an induced coma, should be waking up soon. Had surgery and anything.

"How's the other girls? Athena?" Mama looks at me.

I shrug my shoulders, i haven't seen her in a full week, the other girls are confidential information. I know Veronica asks for Athena a lot but i'm not allowed to speak to them until initial investigation is done.

"Go to her." Mama looks back at Kira.

"She doesn't want me-"

"Go to her Kairi." She makes her voice clear.

I stand up off my chair as Kaya gives me a dirty look, i don't even know what room Athena's in, her dad won't let me see her, Atlas isn't returning my calls and all my agents are doing another case.

I walk to the pod where all the nurses were, "What rooms Athena Arieta in?" I ask, hands on the white surface.

"Name and relation to the patient?" She asks.

If i say i'm her boyfriend, they won't let me see her because i'm not 'family.'

"Kairi Hamada, Fiancé." I take my ID out, "Federal agent."

She writes down my name and then starts typing on her computer, "Room thirty-nine."

"Thank you." I walk off in the direction of that room.

I felt so pissed off and angry at myself, then at her family whenever she was sitting in there alone, staring up at the TV.

Bandages on her arm, bruises across her face.

I knock the door before i walk in, when i do her attention lands on me. I close the door behind me and walk silently to the chair beside her bed, sitting down on it.

"How are you feeling?" I ask.

She smiles a little, "Like shit but that's normal, huh?"

"You'll get better." I wanted to reach out and grab her hand but i don't know if she wanted me too.

"How's Kira?" She observes me and the injuries i got after catching Benjamin and Joshua. Almost lost my badge, and i would do it again.

"She's... Shes okay, she was put into an induced coma but she's glad to be around family again, had surgery earlier so she's under a sedative at the moment, still waiting on her to wake up." I knew the psychiatrist told me after he assessed all of the girls, including Athena, that they'll all have severe PTSD. Kiras already showing symptoms.

She reaches her hand out, picking mine up. Her touch was cold, "What happened?" She rubs her thumb over the bust knuckles.

"Hit the guy that did this to you a couple times." I let her look at my wounds.

As selfish and fucked up as it sounds, i hated admitting it to Ace, but i was more pissed off of what had happened to Athena, more than Kira. I had so much rage in me over Athena been taken for that whole week then i did for Kira for four years.