42. im yours✨

Kairi
-how rude of you to ruin my miserable and tell me i'm beautiful-
-alessia cara-

I push the door open to my apartment, finally home.

Stopping as i see the scene in front of me, i knew it was Athena and i've never felt so at home.

She had made a fort.

Moved my furniture so it could keep up bed sheets, pinned them to the wall, covering the TV, a fort in the middle of my living room.

I leave my suitcase by the door, closing it over quietly. I take my jacket and shoes off, bending down to the floor and lifting up one of the sheets.

I think i'm in love with this girl.

She had all my cushions and pillows on the floor, blankets over her as she slept there and a pizza box laying at her feet.

Polka curled up in her arm, Apollo laid beside her, Creed beside Apollo. All of them sleeping.

I don't know why she made a fort when i have a perfectly fine bed but anyway. I take my phone from my pocket, snapping a picture of what they were all like.

Then i take my sketch pad out and flick through all of the sketches i've done of her. Most are when we're on facetime and she's doing her makeup because she's bored, or shes lying down with Polka curled into her neck.

I draw her and the pets like this, making sure to get every single detail. I walk to my room, it was untouched, and place the sketch pad in my drawer.

Right before i get behind her, wrapping my arm around her waist. I missed this. I kiss her. I'm becoming too attached.

"You're back." She says, her voice dry and croaky.

"Yes baby." I kiss her shoulder, she's so warm. "Why are you sleeping out here?"

She turns so she's laying facing me, Polka in the middle of us. "You never let the dogs into your room but i wanted to cuddle." She puts her warm hand on my cheek. "How was your vacation?"

"Great." I look in her eyes, "How's your dad?"

"He bought me an apartment." She rubs her thumb on my cheek, "To give you your space."

"You're welcome here any time." I kiss the top of her nose. She smiles, shuffling her head closer to me. "God i missed you."

"I missed you too." She says into my neck, "Guess what."

"Hm?"

"I got enough points to graduate early." She sits up, picking Polka up and moving her away and then sitting on me, laying back down wrapping her arms around me.

I hold her tightly, "I'm proud of you, are you going too?" I didn't have to graduate early if i didn't want too, i was able to take more classes and get higher points to improve my University application.

"I'm talking to my guidance couseullor." She kisses my neck, "And having a look at Universities."

"Where you planning on going?" I hope not far.

"NYU." She kisses my neck again, "But i kind of don't want to stay in New York."

I know i don't live in New York, god i hate it here too. The traffic is awful and people even worse. But i'm here now and i want her here with me as long as possible. Even if that is selfish and toxic.

"Why not?" I play with her hair.

"Want a change. I heard it's going to be hard to heal in the place that damaged you. I want to leave it all behind, want a fresh start." She sighs a little, "But... i don't know, i don't need to choose until next semester."