45. self destructive✨

Kairi
-one day you're gonna learn to change your self destructive ways-
-once monsters-

I thought dinner with her dad wouldn't be so awkward but oh i was wrong, very wrong. Maybe i'm just making it awkward, probably is that, but i couldn't bare sitting here no longer. And the fact Athena looks so fucking beautiful sitting beside me. It's so hard to contain myself.

"Your legs bouncing." Athena smiles, her hand on my knee to stop it from bouncing.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom." I kiss her jaw, walking away as they all look at me.

It was Athena, wearing this fucking beautiful white dress, mini dress, revealing her cleavage and legs, she's slowly becoming more confident again and i love that for her.

Atlas wore a suit, a tie matching his girlfriend, Skylar, who wore a pink dress.

Rhea sat alone without a date, an awful and horrible attempt to flirt with me and look good. She wore a blue strapless dress, riding up her thigh with every move.

Hayley wore a yellow dress that contrasted against her dark skin tone and she let her natural afro hair out.

Mr. Arieta wore a suit, and so did i.

I walk to the bathroom, splashing my face with water and waiting five minutes before i walk back.

When i walk back, Athena's smile was wide and she held my hand as i sat beside her. "You okay?" She asks, her eyes crinkling in the corners.

Two months since she started University, the only time i'm free was now so her dad made sure to do this dinner quickly. She has class tomorrow and would be exhausted but insisted on coming.

"Yeah." I kiss her jaw again.

"So, tell us how you met." Hayley points to us, "Athena has been putting off telling me because she wanted to wait until you were here."

Athena grips my hand, "He spilt his coffee down my shirt and didn't even say sorry."

I'm my defence, i was in a bad mood because six victims died under my watch. "Okay she only tells her side of the story." I interupt, "She walked directly into me, didn't say sorry either."

The table laughs, bar Rhea, and Athena looks down, blushing like crazy. I admire her smile, her small dimples, her eyes crinkling and tongue running over her bottom lip.

In Japanese, i say, "God, i am so in love with you." looking down at her lips, back into her eyes. Muttering only enough for her to hear.

Her eyebrows raise, "And you're suddenly speaking Japanese, great." She looks back at her father, "I have no idea what he just said."

"You don't need too, not yet." I look down. I should tell her soon, but four months is too little, but mama told me to never let my feelings have a certain time or date. Four months is perfect.

"What happened to Ace?" Rhea brings up, licking her teeth in a bitchy manner, god she annoys me so much.

"Ace Da Rosa?" Mr. Arieta looks to me, then to Athena.

"Used to have a thing with him, nothing serious just like us messing around." She says, explaining it better than i could have.

"She let him meet mom." Rhea adds on.

"I let him meet mom." Atlas interrupts, "He's my friend."

"He's a nice guy." Their dad says, "Have you met Kairi's whole team?" He looks to Athena.