16. daddy issues🌺

Athena—
-and if you were my little girl, i'd do whatever i could do, i'd run away and hide with you-
-the neighbourhood-

"Mom is going to kill us." I slump on the couch, into Ace's arms.

For some reason, Atlas thought it was a good idea to introduce Ace to mom. Why? I'll never know, that's like the last thing i would have expected.

Atlas is saying he's friends with Ace though, he just wants to be able for me to show off Ace without mom killing me for it.

This isn't the way to go though.

"She'll love me, amore, everyone does." He wraps his arms around my waist.

"She hates everyone." I turn to look at Atlas walking into the dining room with food.

"She can't be that bad, can she?" He smiles, his dimples showing.

Oh if only he knew.

"You'd like my dad more." I rest my head up on his shoulder, "If all goes well you can stay the night."

"Show him to your room." Atlas stands in the doorframe with smashed potatoes in his tray, "Go on."

"That is a yes." Ace pulls me up, not giving me an option.

I lead him up the stairs and into my bedroom, he twirls as he enters my room, i didn't know if he was impressed or not. "This isn't like a... you room." He closes the door after him.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I pick my bra up off the floor. I knew he was coming and still didn't tidy.

"I expected it to be more... materialistic." He sits Polka on my bed, "Who's this cutie?"

"Polka, she's my cat." I sit on the bed, lifting Polka up on my lap. Ace sits with me, stroking her. "Isn't she cute?"

"Adorable. I want to get a pet but with work i'd basically be neglecting it." He stroked under her chin, right where she likes it. She even began to purr.

"How come Kairi can take care of two dogs?" I rest my head on his shoulder. "And they're big dogs."

"They're Akita's, and because hes strange." He laughs a little, "He has a routine every single day. So, he wakes up at 5 every morning, takes the dogs for a run, gets in his morning cardio, drops the dogs off at a centre thing while he goes to the gym. Picks them up, runs back to the apartment. It's about 7ish, he showers and gets his breakfast and shit. Work for us usually starts at 9 but obviously if the liaison gives us a case it differs, head to work which we do have an office thing but we prefer just going to his apartment to go over cases." He says all in one breath, "I tried doing it once and never again."

"After work, depends on what times he's home at. A dog sitter usually is at his during the day, or because Annalise is with him, she takes care of them, usually takes them for a run at night too. He lives on like five hours of sleep."

It must be stressful living like that, i could never. "I like sleep too much to do that." I hear the door open downstairs, "That would be mom, we should go."

I put Polka back and when i stand up, Ace pulls me in for a kiss, "Just don't worry, okay? Atlas has a whole plan set out, i know she can be strict."

I smile leading him back down the stairs, mom looked nice today, she had a pretty dress on, her hair done up and makeup on nicely.

Rhea looked nice too, a skirt and shirt.

"Mom this is my friend Ace, he's staying for dinner." Atlas says.