chapter twenty-eight

"Whoa. Um, hi?"

I stuck my hand out for Jensen to shake, "Hi, I'm Han. It's so nice to meet you."

"This is a surprise, I didn't even know you knew I existed," He chuckled nervously. "Are you here to make a donation?"

"No, no. Actually I'm here to discuss something with you," I said to him. "Do you have somewhere we can chat privately?"

"Of course, right this way," Jensen said wearily, looking around at his confused employees for a moment before leading me to a conference room. We sat down across from each other and with a warm smile, he asked, "What would you like to talk about?"

I let the fake smile fall from my face, "You know why I'm here."

Jensen's smile fell as well, "What?"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about," I rolled my eyes. "I guess you're not as nice as everyone thinks you are, huh?"

"Han, you must be mistaken-,"

"Cut the shit."

"How the fuck do you even know about that?" Jensen whispered to me.

I laughed, "Here we go."

"How do you even know who I am?" Jensen asked.

"Well, you seem to know so much about Felix, don't you? If you know him then you must know you're his favorite celebrity," I smirked at him, basking in his embarrassment.

"Oh, good god-," Jensen mumbled. "Did Minho tell you or something?"

"No, I had to read for myself the vile things you guys were calling him," I said, crossing my arms. "What all did Minho tell you about him?"

"Everything we were saying," Jensen admitted. "That's it."

"I'm going to tell you a little story. I've been best friends with Felix since we were in middle school. We met online and we haven't gone without talking a day since. Gymnastics has always been his dream. He was incredible. I have so many fond memories of video calling him and watching his face light up in excitement whenever he'd show me a new skill he learned or something he'd been perfecting. I asked him to send me his competition videos and he liked to call me to see my reaction. By the time he was in college, he was unstoppable. He was a force to be reckoned with," I paused, wiping the tears from my eyes, "He was training for the Olympics, you know? He was made to be a gymnast."

"What happened?" Jensen asked me.

"He landed wrong. He tore three ligaments in his leg. It ruined his life. He just barely finished his Bachelor's. Oh, yeah, he's not a fucking dumbass, by the way. The injury got him addicted to the pills. He never would've got hooked on them just because he wanted to do drugs. He was an athlete. He never would've intentionally put harmful things into his body just to do it. He lost everything. In his mind, his life was over. He turned into a completely different person. Yes, he whored himself out for drugs or whatever you want to call it. Yes, he made horrible decisions for himself and his body. What nobody understands about him is how hard he's worked to come back from that.
He's the strongest person I've ever met. He's unrecognizable from who he used to be. He's come so far and I will not let Minho slander his name like this because he's the best friend I could ever ask for," I said to him.

"I am so sorry," Jensen said, using his shirtsleeve to wipe the tears that had fallen from his eyes. "I had no idea."

"He's a biochemist, you know. He's so smart. He's been with this guy named Changbin for a few years now and they're looking for houses together. I remember the day they first met like it was yesterday. It was like love at first sight for them. They're so good for each other. They love each other so much. I know they're going to get married. This shit with Minho? It's got them fighting. For the first time they're having difficulty snd they've been together for longer than Minho and I have. Felix hid that he was an addict from Changbin because he was terrified that he'd have a reaction similar to yours or Minho's. The thing is? Changbin's not judging him because he's an addict. He's upset that Felix didn't tell him sooner. This could've been avoided. I think Felix had every right to hide it because that's not who he is anymore. He is the sun that shines after a rainy day. He is the light of my life. I want you to meet him. I want you to meet the sunshine of my life because that's exactly what he is. Minho is my person but so is he. We've never been sexually attracted to each other. We met before we even knew we were gay."