chapter ninety-five

This is a new low for me.

Shutting Dylan's office door behind me as I entered, I crept inside and pulled my phone out of my pocket after. I opened to my 'recent calls' list and scrolled until I found Grayson's name.

To call or to not call.

I don't want to deal with this by myself. Fuck it.

I clicked on his name and pressed my phone to my ear, sighing in defeat.

"I wasn't sure I'd ever hear from you again."

"No banter, no bullshit. I'm in Dylan's office right now. What should I look for?"

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah. I don't like doing this kind of thing to my employees but I'm kind of at the point of no return. Hence, calling you."

"The things we do for love, right?"

I turned on the light and walked over to his desk, "At this point, I think I'd be doing the world a service."

"You fucking would," Grayson chuckled. "From everything I've found on this guy, you should kill him regardless of if he's Minho's ex. Fuck, man. This guy's been in some shit."

"Have you found out anything else?"

"Just looking more for evidence that he's at fault for his two exes' disappearances. I'm about ninety-nine percent sure this guy belongs in a fucking prison cell. I can't believe he managed to get away with even half of this."

"Hopefully I can find something here. I don't have much else to work with considering how public my life is."

"Do you really think Dylan's dumb enough to keep anything incriminating in his office? From what I'm peeping, he's gotta be some kind of mastermind."

"I can't exactly break into his house. I'm working with what I've got, like I said."

"Why can't you break into his house?"

I held the phone away from my face for a moment with a confused expression before holding it back up to my ear, "Do you really have to ask me that?"

"Sometimes I forget that you're super fucking famous. You don't even travel with security. How have you not gotten robbed yet?"

"I ask myself that question all of the fucking time whenever I go out," I chuckled.

"If you have to ask yourself that, get security..." Grayson trailed off, his tone concerned and weary.

"I'm just like everyone else. I should have just as much of a chance of getting robbed as the normal person. Normal, average people can't afford to travel around with people to protect them, why should I have that? I'm not special."

"You are special, though. That's the thing. Your ass better be lucky Minho carry's a gun or you'd be fucked." 

"I'm not with him all of the time, you know."

"Well, if you're gone on business you're not being seen by the public much. If you're here, you spend the majority of your time with Minho."

"So what you're telling me is that I'm good, basically?"

"No, I'm just saying-,"