chapter thirty-eight

"Council meeting starts now," Avalon said, pretending to bang a gavel.

"I feel so special," Dylan grinned.

"We're the committee around Seungmin and Changbin," I whispered to him.

"Fuck," Dylan mumbled. "Now I feel really special."

Nelson cleared his throat, "We just had this group going before they came here and we feel like it's better to keep the group with them separate from this one."

"That's very childish but I'm not mad considering that I'm not them," Dylan laughed.

"I think we should touch back on the acid subject," Veronica said with a smirk.

"I'm gonna need some catching up here," Dylan said with a smile.

"Veronica wants us to do acid. Specifically me," I rolled my eyes.

"I'll be your guys' trip-sitter," Dylan said.

Veronica gasped, "Really? That's fantastic!"

"Oh my god," I mumbled, putting my face in my hands.

"Yeah, why not?" Dylan shrugged. "When are you guys doing it? You can do it at my place, if you want."

"There is no set plan!" I exclaimed. "There will never be a set plan!"

"Saturday night. How's that sound, guys? Nobody got plans?" Veronica asked everyone.

"Yeah, I'm down," Avalon shrugged. "Niyah, you in?"

"If you are," Niyah said to her.

"We in?" Kimi asked Nelson.

"Yeah, duh," Nelson smirked.

"That just leaves you," Veronica said, smirking at me as she grabbed Avalon's hand and held it.

I put my finger up, "Hold on, I'm calling Minho."

"I didn't know you needed his permission," Veronica laughed as I pulled up Minho's contact and called him.

"I don't, he just knows more about drugs than I do," I laughed, putting the call on speaker as I waited for him to answer.

"Hey, what's up?"

"How do you feel about acid?" I asked him, scratching my elbow.

"I've tripped a few times, it's kind of overrated. Why?"

"Veronica wants our friend group to do it," I chuckled. "We have a trip-sitter too, whatever that is."

"I was about to say I'm only cool with it if you have someone watching you," Minho chuckled. "I don't want you having a crisis."

"Yeah, that's your job," I joked.

"Oh, fuck you," Minho laughed. "You're an asshole."

"I know, right?" I joked. "Okay, I'm gonna let you go now. I love you."

"I love you too."