chapter fifty-six

"I literally love you. Do you know that? I fucking love you," I laughed.

"I'm the best, aren't I?"

"How'd you know what kind of chocolate I'd like?"

"I've been watching you," Dylan joked.

I playfully shoved him, "Fucking creep."

"It was honestly just a wild guess. I don't even know why the fuck I did it."

"I brought wine, so," I shrugged with a dumb smirk.

"I don't even care if they pair, I'm most definitely okay with that," Dylan laughed. "Hey, do you know when Vee and Avie are getting here?"

"They're not, it's just us," I smirked at him. When his face went pale, my smile dropped, "Why are you being weird?"

"I don't know. You have a boyfriend, don't you?"

"Yeah, so?" I laughed, bending down and searching through my bag for a moment before pulling out a cork-opener, "Always come prepared."

"Would it not be weird for him to find out that you're hanging out with another guy alone?"

"We call you 'Pasta' at home. It's not an insult. He has an ex-boyfriend with the same name as you and hearing his name gives him the heebie-jeebies so we call you Pasta. I'm sure you understand."

"That's fucking funny," Dylan laughed. "I get it. If you want to introduce me as such, I understand."

"Hopefully by that time he won't be so ehh about it but if I have to, I will. His comfort is my top priority." 

"Yeah, exactly. His comfortability is the most important thing. Don't you think he'd be weirded out by us hanging out alone?"

"I like you a lot, Dylan. You're respectful. You care about the way people feel. You're kind. You're adaptable."

"Why are you avoiding the question?"

"Why would he care if we're hanging out alone?" I laughed boisterously.

"I don't know-,"

"He knows I'm coming home to him. Trust me, he doesn't care," I chuckled. "If I forced myself to care anytime he hung out with a member of the preferred sex I'd have to be concerned literally all of the time because he's bisexual. He doesn't give a fuck and I don't either."

"You guys are better than I am, seriously," Dylan laughed, "I'm just projecting here, ignore me."

"It's good that you're single," I joked, patting him on the shoulder.

"I'm not the best at relationships, if it isn't obvious."

"Remind me again why you're still hooked on your ex?" I chuckled. "Perhaps you're not relationship material but that doesn't mean you can't find someone better."

"It doesn't get much better than that," Dylan laughed. "Once you've gotten a taste of the high life, you can never go back."

"Oh, good god," I mumbled.

"I don't even mean it in a gold-digging way either. I just mean-," Dylan cut himself off and sighed. "I just mean that once you've experienced how good life can be with a person that you love more than anything, it's hard to come back from that. I can't capture what I felt with him with anyone else."

"I guess I can understand that," I shrugged.

"You haven't done anything extravagant with Minho?"