chapter ninety-four

The drive back from Grayson's apartment was treacherous but would you like to know what was even more treacherous? Coming up with a reason as to why my eyes were so red and swollen on my way to return to my lover.

Minho looked up at me from the book he'd been reading when I entered our bedroom, "Hey, you're back. Wait, are you okay?"

I didn't look up from the floor as I headed toward the dresser, "I'm cool."

"Are you sure? You don't look it."

Honestly, all I want to do is hold you.

"Yeah, I'm good," I waved my hand dismissively, taking off my jewelry in the mirror.

Minho got off the bed and walked over to me, putting his hand on my face and forcing me to look at him, "Baby, just talk to me."

I tapped my foot on the floor with a whine as tears formed in my eyes once again, "I'm not doing so hot right now."

"I can tell. Do you want to talk about it?"

"I want you," I chuckled dryly, wiping a tear away.

Minho placed his hands on my hips pulling me closer, "You always have me."

"I mean, I want you to know I want you."

I can't imagine how lonely you must feel even though I'm right here.

Minho grinned at me with his head tilted in confusion, "Of course I know that."

I grabbed his hands and shook them, "I mean, I want you to really know what I mean."

Minho chuckled, "You're not making much sense right now."

"Do I make you feel loved?" I asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Are you sure? I feel like I haven't been doing the greatest job of showing you that I love you."

"Where is this coming from? I know how much you love me."

I sniffled, "I don't want you to feel like you don't have me."

"I do feel like I have you. I don't know what you're talking about right now. I want to support you but I don't know what's going on."

"I don't know what's going on either," I sniffled once more, shaking my head. "Everything fucking sucks right now."

Minho pulled me in for a hug and pat the back of my head, "It's gonna be okay, I promise."

"You don't even know what I'm upset about."

"I don't but I want to make you feel better. Whatever it is, we'll get through it together." Minho chuckled, "That rhymed. Bars."

"Pfft."

"Look, I don't know what's going on in that pretty head of yours but I can assure you that I know I'm loved."

"Do you feel loved?"

"Of course I feel loved, Hannie."

"I don't want you ever feeling like you aren't because you are. Everything I do is for you. I love you more than I can describe to you in words. I want to protect you from anything that can hurt you and be with you all of the time."

"I'm still really confused because I know all of these things but I'm going to thank you so you feel like you did something. Thanks."

I laughed, "Shut the fuck up, bozo."

"See? I cheered you up a bit."

I wrapped my arms around his shoulders lazily, "God, you're the fucking best."