chapter ninety-nine

"It's definitely a good thing we're not the type of people to call the paparazzi on ourselves."

"Yeah, we just get to deal with civilian pictures going viral on Twitter," Minho grinned at me.

"'Civilian?' Seriously?" I chuckled.

"Well?"

"It's formal and feels slightly insulting," I brushed my hair out of my face as we walked.

"What the fuck are we doing again?" Minho laughed, tightening the arm he had around my shoulder as we walked and kissing my cheek.

"Dinner. New employee-friends. I'm trying to replace my old group for a fix."

"Literally or metaphorically?" Minho joked.

"Metaphorically, fucking obviously," I chuckled.

"I'm just fucking with you," Minho kissed my cheek once more. "You're not the only one bringing their partner, right?"

"Oh, no. Thank god. That'd make this more awkward than it probably already will be."

Minho looked over at me and his eye twitched, "Why would it be more awkward, Han?"

"My employees kind of aren't allowed to tell people that they work for me or at Genesis period," I smiled weakly at him.

Minho stopped our walking and let go of me, "These people don't know who their significant other's boss is? Seriously? What the fuck?"

I pulled masks out of my pocket with a lopsided smile, "I have these."

Minho pulled me aside, "It's a fucking restaurant!"

I stuffed the masks back in my pocket and grabbed his hands, "Please don't be mad at me. I didn't think about it that hard."

Minho looked away from me and tried to hide a smile, "Stop."

I batted my eyelashes at him with my bottom lip pouted and ran my hands down his chest, "We'll only be meeting two of them. Jada is aro-ace and Sophia is dating another one of my employees named Xena. It's just Terrell and Sydney's people. I swear it's not that deep."

"You better be lucky you're cute," Minho curled his upper lip at me, shoving me lightly.

"You can't be mad at me. You love me too much," I grinned at him sheepishly, getting in his face. Minho lifted me up and spun me around, kissing me when he placed me back on my feet. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and laughed, "Yup, I was right."

Minho wrapped his arms around my waist and rocked us back and forth, "You areeee."

I kissed him once, "Your lips are so soft. I love kissing you."

"Don't we have places to be?" Minho chuckled.

I grabbed his face, "Yeah, but I want to kiss you."

"You're the one that insisted that we go."

"Yeah, and you follow me everywhere like my little lap kitty," I grinned at him, tickling underneath his chin.

"I don't want to be anywhere that doesn't have you there," Minho pouted at me.

I squished his cheeks, "You're so cute."

"Am not."

I kissed his cheek, "Are too."

"I'm thirty. I'm not supposed to be cute."

I kissed his nose, "Why so cute, then?"

"Stop itttttt."