chapter fifty-five

"You need to have security around you at all times, Han. It's not safe."

"I don't care," I laughed, holding my phone between my ear and shoulder as I headed for my front door. "If someone wants to run up on me and kill me, who am I to stand in the way of fate?"

"Han, that's not funny," Nevaeh scoffed softly. "I'm serious. I've been telling you this for months."

I sat my things down at my doorstep and grabbed my phone, "I don't think I'm hot shit. If I walk around with security, I'm just gonna look stupid. I'm not a rock star. Minho stopped going around with security like four years ago and he's been cool."

"Minho isn't nearly as famous as you are. You're a rockstar in your own right. You need security."

"I absolutely do not," I laughed.

"If you're not careful, I'll hire a team," Nevaeh huffed.

I gasped, "You wouldn't."

"I'm hiring you two security details. I'm tired of you not listening to me. You were not supposed to make that post about Minho."

"People ate that shit up," I chuckled.

"What if they hadn't, Han?"

"I don't fucking care," I laughed, putting in the code for the door. "We'll finish this later, I just got back from my conference. Don't hire anyone until we talk about this in person."

"Fine, whatever."

I kissed the microphone, "Love you."

"Love you too, asshole."

I pushed the door open and turned around to grab my suitcase and travel bag, dragging them through the doorway in a huff.

Aww.

I got down on my knees and pat Minho's shoulder to wake him up, "You waited for me?"

Minho jumped into my arms, "I missed you!"

I hugged him tightly, "I missed you too."

"You were gone so long!" Minho whined, wrapping his arms around my shoulders as we sat on the floor together. "I missed you so much."

"Baby, I was only gone for a week," I laughed.

"A week too long!" Minho pouted at me.

True.

"C'mon, let's head upstairs," I said to him.

I attempted to stand up but when I did, Minho grabbed my hand and pulled me back down. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and his legs around my torso like a monkey, "Carry me."

"I already have to take my other shit up there."

"You don't have to hold onto me or anything. I'll just chill here like this."

I hugged him tightly, "You're so cute. I love you so much."

"I love you too!" Minho exclaimed with a grin before kissing me once on the lips.

"How long did you wait for?" I asked him.

"I've been here since seven and I think I may have fallen asleep around nine or something."

"You're precious."

"I just missed you so much, I don't wanna be anywhere but with you."