chapter forty-three

tw:
i don't even know why i put these anymore, y'all already know how fucked up this story is

"I never thought there'd come a day where we'd be sleuthing together."

"This was not my idea."

"I'd tell you that my feelings are hurt but that'd be a lie because I honestly get why you wouldn't want to do this with me," Minho said.

"Thank you for understanding."

"This is definitely weird."

"This is the first time I've felt truly awkward around you before," I admitted.

"Yeah, same," Minho said.

"This feels dirty."

"Well, we kind of have a thing going with her and Felix, don't we? We should've had an eye on her in the first place."

"Minho, that's so fucked up."

"You think I don't know that?"

"Fine. Just-," I sighed in frustration, "Come up to the door with me, will you?"

"Why do I have to-," Minho shook his head, "Why? Why do I have to?"

"Are you serious?" I asked him, my tone monotonous.

"Yes?"

"You said you'd come with me!"

"I said I'd come with you, I never said I'd go up to the door."

"You've got to be fucking kidding me," I muttered to myself as I unbuckled my seatbelt and swung the car door open. I got out of the car and flipped him off as I slammed the door behind me. I approached the entrance to her apartment building and buzzed her door, tapping my foot on the pavement as I awaited a response.

"Han, get the fuck out of here."

"Avalon?"

"I'm serious. You need to go."

"What the fuck, Avalon?"

"I'm not letting you up."

Someone exited the building and held the door open, "Hey, aren't you Han?"

I let go of the buzzer and looked over at the stranger, "Yeah, unfortunately."

"Can I shake your hand? Sorry, I'm just a huge fan," He chuckled nervously. "I'm a software developer."

I shook his hand, "It's lovely to meet you! What's your name?"

"It's Jared," He grinned. "Genesis is fucking incredible. You're going to change the way the Internet sees censorship, dude."

"Thanks man, always a pleasure," I said to him with a soft smile.

He opened the door for me and I headed inside, walking up the stairs with a satisfied smirk. I knocked on Veronica's apartment door and I heard Avalon's voice from inside, "How the fuck did you get in?"

"Some guy was leaving and he opened the door for me," I said.

"You can't come inside. I'm sorry," Avalon apologized to me.

I heard a quiet and frail voice, "Let him in."

"Vee, no. You barely know him."

"He'll know what to do."

Oh my god.

Oh my fucking god.