chapter sixty-five

Of course, Minho and I didn't mean it when we said that we'd kill him.

That'd be too easy.

Experiencing an uneasy feeling in my stomach as I turned the corner with my phone in hand, I nearly dropped it on the ground when I felt someone bump into me.

"Well, isn't this dèjá vu? Watch where you're going."

"You bumped into me," I scoffed at him, bumping shoulders with him as I kept waking past him.

"Oh, not even an apology?" Grayson asked me, stopping me dead in my tracks. "You think since you're big on campus that means you can't be decent to me? I'm not a fucking ant."

Excuse the fuck out of me?

I stood there for a moment contemplating my options on how best to respond to my authority being questioned in front the few that had been standing in the hall prior to seven seconds ago when this wasn't happening to me.

I used a polite and condescending tone on him as I looked up at him with a callous smirk, "Grayson, it seems you're having a bit of a difficult time adjusting to your new position at Genesis. I know you don't usually do contracts like this so maybe working around as many people as you are here is a bit difficult but taking it out on me is certainly not going to help you. Considering how I remember everything, I also know that you don't work well under authorization. I understand that. I did freelance work for two years before finally landing my first official job out here. Here. Would you like to come with me to my office? I'd like to go over some rules with you so we can make sure something like this doesn't happen again."

Grayson gritted his teeth as he smiled, "Sure, Han."

Walking from that hallway to my office felt like a scene out of a movie. It was in this moment I realized that I could have anything I wanted in life. No matter what it was, no matter how simple or grandiose it could be, no matter if it was someone else's; it was mine. I'd never felt power like that before. Parading around some pathetic little fucking wimp that's head over heels for me like he wasn't just some fuck-toy. I felt like the world was at my feet. And it was.

I thought I knew what love was before I met you, Minho.

I was wrong.

And you're the only real fucking person on this earth.

I unlocked my office door and allowed for Grayson to enter first, shutting and closing the door behind me after I stepped inside.

I walked over to my desk and leaned my thighs against it as I stared straight up at him, "I see your desperate pleas for attention. You're getting your wish. What the fuck do you want from me, Grayson? Why are you fucking here?"

"You age like fine fucking wine."

"I know."

"No, I mean it."

"I know you do."

"Have you gotten anything done?"

"What?"

I knew what he meant. I just didn't want to think he was actually asking me this question.

"Have you gotten any work done? I mean, it's pretty common for celebrities, isn't it? That waist; that gorgeous view I got of what you look like from behind when I saw you bend down after dropping your keys in the parking lot this morning. Your voice has gotten deeper too, it's sexy."