chapter one-hundred eleven

Saturday
12pm

I held my phone to my ear, "Hi."

"Mission status?"

"I just got my boarding ticket."

"Nice. Also, Minho definitely knows I'm here."

"What the fuck? How does he already know?"

"I was looking up at an open window and he appeared out of nowhere. I slapped my hand to my mouth in shock and and he just started snickering before closing the curtain on me."

"Aww, he's so cute!" I grinned underneath my mask. "How close are you parked?"

"Like, right outside. I didn't want to get the cops called on me by parking near someone else's house and I can only get a good eye if I'm closest to the gate entrance."

"I wish someone would've called the cops when Grayson snuck into the neighborhood. Fuck that guy. He probably parked right where you are."

"I never liked him. I knew there was no way he'd be into you without some kind of catch."

Ouch.

"Excuse me?"

"He was a star football player who's friends teased you in class. You literally complained about him and his friends to me before you guys had a thing."

"Did you think I couldn't pull him?"

"Considering who you're marrying..."

"That's all I needed to hear," I smirked underneath my mask.

"I can feel you smirking. You're so arrogant."

"I'd be arrogant if I had nothing to show for all the shit I talk."

"I don't see a ring on that finger."

"We haven't gotten them yet. Why so judgy? Also, it's not like he got drafted to the NFL. Being a 'college star' only goes so far."

"I'm just messing with you. Go get on your plane."

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be turning my phone off, by the way. I'll call you after I land."

"Okay, be safe. I love you."

"I love you too. Mwah."

1pm

Getting comfortable in my seat, I took my shoes off and apologized to the middle-aged man with balding brown hair and a baseball cap on sitting next to me, "I swear my feet don't smell. I'm so sorry."

"It's fine, man."

"Thank you," I sighed in relief. "Where are you headed?"

"I'm headed home for Thanksgiving. You?"

"It's a work thing. I'm not a Thanksgiving person."

"Do you celebrate it at all?"

"Kind of? I don't know. My boyfriend and I don't really have any family so we've just ordered out and watch movies the last times we've celebrated it together. We haven't talked about it this year either. We've both been really busy."

"Mm. My brother's gay. I was pretty against it for a few years. Didn't talk to him at all. I ended up running into his husband that recognized me and at first I was a bit hesitant but he told me how much my brother loved and misses me. That he hated not seeing me over something he has no control over. That's when I realized how dumb I was being. Being gay doesn't make him any different, he's still my brother. I love him regardless."