chapter fifty-two

"Guys! Can someone open the gate for me? I don't know how to open it!" I jumped up and down, peeking my head over the fence. "Help!"

"Aren't you a genius!?" Avalon shouted back at me.

"It's cold!" I shouted.

I heard the sound of the gate unlocking and Dylan greeted me with a hug, "You're just in time!"

"Thank god, I was scared I'd be late. Traffic is fucking shit," I sighed, walking past him to a table to set my things down.

"I can't believe you still drive yourself around. If I were a celebrity, I'd never step foot in the driver's seat again," Kimi laughed.

"I like driving," I shrugged. "You know, Minho used to have a driver. Now I just do it because he's under the impression that I'm a better driver."

"Didn't you hit him with your car before he interviewed you?" Niyah burst into laughter.

"I put my foot on the wrong pedal because I got excited," I frowned, crossing my arms. "I'm getting bullied and I just got here."

"You're off the clock, you're our bitch now," Veronica said with a smirk before plugging her nose and going under.

Dylan jumped back in the pool and came back up for air, "You getting in?"

I stood awkwardly as I realized I'd be undressing, "Yeah."

"Okay...So why aren't you moving?" Nelson laughed at me.

I lied, "It's so cold."

"The water's warm as fuck, it makes up for it," Avalon said.

I rolled my eyes and turned around, pulling things out of my pockets and setting them down. I slid my shoes off and dropped my pants to my feet, throwing them down on the table.

"Damn, those legs!" Veronica shouted. "Where'd those come from?"

"I grew them myself," I joked, turning my head back to grin at her.

"Cheeky bastard," Nelson called out to me.

"If you guys are going to keep bullying me, I can just put my pants back on and head out," I laughed.

"Show us the back muscles!" Niyah yelled, whooping for me.

I turned back to look at her, "Are you fucking serious?"

"Quit stalling and just get in!" Avalon whined.

Here we go.

I turned my head back around and took my jacket off, tossing it on the table and lifting my shirt off, the sounds of my friends cheering for me in my ear as I did so. I found myself to be laughing as I put my hands over my chest and quickly jumped into the pool, staying under the water for a moment to warm myself up. I came up for air and everyone's expressions dropped when I did. I looked around and asked, "What?"

"What the fuck is that?" Avalon asked, pointing at my chest from across the pool.

"This better not be a thing-"

"Dude, what the fuck?" Nelson asked.

"Minho gave them to me," I shrugged. "He has the same ones."

Dylan's eyes widened, "Minho did that?"

"Is there a problem?" I chuckled.

"No...It's just..." Kimi trailed off.

"I'm gonna be the one who argues that it's cute that they love each other that much," Veronica stated.