chapter forty-one

"Why are you making me walk up stairs?"

"You work out just as much as I do and you're complaining about stairs? There's only three staircases. It's one of the largest open floor plans of the world and there's three stacked on top of each other. You're complaining about my coolness. Shut up."

"I hate stairs."

"Shush."

"Elevator."

"Shut."

Minho pushed me up against the wall with my hands pinned above my head and asked me with a quiet voice and a smirk, "Do you want to say that to me again?"

I licked my lips as I looked at his for a moment before meeting his eyes, "Shut up."

Minho looked down at me with his lip bit, "It's a horrible idea to kiss you in here, isn't it?"

"The only thing worse than someone potentially seeing us is someone saying something. Fuck it," I shrugged, Minho letting go of my arms as he pulled me in by the collar to kiss him. We made out for a moment before I pulled away and asked with a laugh, "Why does being in my building turn you on?"

"It's hot knowing how much more successful you are than me."

"Still don't have as much money."

"You don't want it in the first place."

We headed up the rest of the stairs in silence as we tried to stifle our childish laughter. I scanned my ID for the third floor and the wide doors opened themselves. I looked down at my phone to check my YouTube's Discord server and I cocked my head back, "You've been active today."

"Once shit died down after that livestream you did I started taking to people again in there that I had been talking to before. Some people know who the account belongs to and some don't but nobody exposes me, somehow. It's like this mutual understanding of them knowing I'm a true crime fan so I want privacy and also knowing that I'm in a relationship with the owner of the channel type of thing."

We began to walk through the third floor and as Minho looked around with wide-eyes, I said, "For a bit, some of my mods were treating me differently when they found out who I was and that's exactly what I feared. Most of them didn't thankfully. They just thought it was cool I'd found success outside of the true crime genre considering how morbid it is and how I don't do sponsorships. The ones who were treating me differently stopped once they realized that I am, in fact, still a normal person."

"I remember thinking you were so fucking cool for refusing sponsorships back before I knew it was you who made the account," Minho chuckled. "I still do but it's a bit different when I'm sitting in the room watching you record or edit."

"Was I really your favorite channel or were you just saying that?"

"You still are, I wasn't kidding," Minho laughed as I unlocked the door to my office. "I just really like true crime."

I shut the door behind him and shoved him up against it, "You like it so much you decided to try it out yourself."

Minho smirked at me, "I'd do it again for you if I had to."

I let go of him and walked over to my desk, "Yeah, I'd do it for you too."

"I wish you wouldn't. I'd prefer if just one of us got our hands dirty," Minho frowned for a moment. "Hey, I have a question."

"Yeah?"

"Did you mean it when you said you knew how to run your shit better than me?" Minho asked me, cracking a smile.