chapter sixty-one

"Hey, you know ho-,"

I turned my head back to look at him, "Our record of silence this week was seven minutes and twenty-three seconds. You just ended it. Congratulations. What would you like to say?"

Minho laughed, "Shut the fuck up."

"Seriously, what's up?"

"I can't even remember, I'm fucking high," Minho laughed once more.

"Me too," I giggled.

Minho leaned up to look at what I'd been doing, "I thought you hated Twitter."

"It's kind of funny to just keep refreshing the notifications over and over again to see the shit people tweet at me."

"Ew," Minho chuckled. "I'm just looking at my shit."

"Typical."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

I turned my head back to my phone, "I'm just fucking with you. I'm always on Genesis."

"I'm sensitive."

"I know."

I refreshed my notification page once again and slapped a hand to my mouth at the first that appeared, clicking on it to look closer.

"Do you remember when you beat me up?"
- @graysonsanger

Oh my fucking god.

I burst into laughter, dropping my phone and kicking my legs in the air as I laid on my stomach.

"What's your deal?" Minho asked, chuckling at me in amusement.

"I can't fucking breathe. I can't fucking breathe."

Minho grabbed my phone from in front of me and asked, "Why are you laughing at this?"

"Because I remember."

Minho threw my phone back at me with a laugh, "What the fuck?"

I continued laughing, rolling over on my back and slapping his thigh repeatedly for no reason at all.

"You're kidding, right?"

I calmed myself down after a good thirty seconds passed, "I remember it like it was yesterday."

"You remember everything like it's yesterday," Minho said, rolling his eyes. "Who did you beat up?"

"Grayson Sanger. I was in my junior year at M.I.T and I was with my group of friends, right? Veronica can attest to this story, by the way. We were coming back to the dorms from a night of frat party-hopping and I was a scrappy little fuck in college, okay? I was shorter than all of the guys in my friend group and I was skinny as fuck. We were exiting the commons and we bump into this group of tall jock-looking fucks and this fucking hunk of meat sack of shit beef cake Grayson turning a corner looking for a fight. We were in the same department and had one of the same minors so we had a bunch of classes together and he couldn't stand me. Thought I was all talk and 'too cocky for my own good,' in his words. Everyone involved in this situation was pissed as fuck, by the way. Drunk out of our goddamn minds. I bump into Grayson, of course. He hated me as it was. I think we were the drunkest of our respective groups so you already know what's about to happen. He tells me to watch where I'm going and you already know how much of a smart-ass I am so I provoke him because of course I did. I correct him and tell him that we both weren't watching and he immediately shoves me to the floor and tells me to shut the fuck up. Telling me to watch what I say to him and that he's been looking for a reason to 'kick my ass.' I stumble to my feet, my friends starting to get me on and his doing the same to him. I got possessed by a demon and asked him if he 'wants a piece of me' before tackling him to the ground and proceeding to beat the absolute fuuuuuck out of him. I don't know what evil force compelled me to do that but something took over me that day, I fucking guess."