chapter ninety-one

"I think I'm gonna start a petition to get you to start wearing sweaters more often."

"Or, you know, you could just tell me to."

"I'm not gonna tell you to wear something just because I like it."

"You wear things I ask you to wear all of the time..." Minho trailed off. "Just last week you were picking out your outfit for the show you were doing and I told you that you should wear the one black cardigan."

"Yeah, because you're not acting territorial and telling me what not to wear and shaming me for my choices. You just want to see me in what you think would look good. I don't see a problem with it that."

"Listen to what you just said over again in your head," Minho said.

I stopped walking in the middle of the driveway and thought to myself for a moment. I chuckled at the realization, "Fuck you. That was good."

"I barely had to lift a finger for that one," Minho smirked at me in amusement.

"I never said I was smart, okay?"

Minho chuckled, "You have. Like, multiple times."

"Okay, fine. Maybe I have."

"You're so snotty sometimes."

"You enjoy it."

"Of course I do. I'm just saying."

Averting my gaze from him, I noticed a car parked outside of our gate, "Hey, do you recognize that car?"

"Uh, no..."

"I'm scared. The gate's open."

"I don't think they're here for us."

"It doesn't matter who they're here for. They have us backed in and I want breakfast," I whined.

"You'll get your breakfast. Calm down."

"I'm hungry," I whined once more.

Minho chuckled, "I know you are, love."

"How are you being so calm right now? That car looks sus as fuck."

"I'm the calm boyfriend and you're the dramatic boyfriend, remember?"

"Oh, yeah. That's right."

"I'm a little anxious but I'm not that concerned."

"I'm concerned because I want food," I chuckled.

"You and your food," Minho chuckled himself. "Want to go down there with me and check it out?"

I grabbed his hand and held it, standing close to him as we walked, "I'm scared."

Minho chuckled, "You're cute."

"We could be approaching death right now and you're calling me cute."

"Priorities."

I giggled, "Stop it."

"It's so easy to get you flustered."

"And to think - just a few months ago you were worried about that."

"I think it's been more than a few months."

"I know it hasn't been a year so we're just gonna call it a few months. Time exists in a vacuum for me now. There's pre-Genesis and post-Genesis. That's it. That's the only way I measure time now."

Minho chuckled at this, "You're a fucking mess."

I let go of his hand and shoved him playfully, "I hate you."