chapter forty-eight

Almost dropping my coffee in shock at the sound of someone calling my name loudly, I looked up from my phone to see Nelson, Kimi, Avalon, and Niyah standing around Dylan and a woman that looked just like him. I walked over and instantly set my things down on the floor when I spotted a small child standing in the middle of everyone.

"Someone's late to work," Kimi chuckled at my expense.

"Han, this is my niece," Dylan grinned proudly, "I had my sister bring her in because I thought you guys might like to meet her."

I crouched down and scooped her up into my arms, "And what's your name, Princess?"

"My name is Lilian, that's Uncle Dylan, and that's mommy!"

"Oh, good job!" I exclaimed, bouncing her up and down on my hip. "You're so smart."

"There's a celebrity holding my child," Dylan's sister laughed nervously. "Oh my god."

I stuck my hand out for her to shake, "Hi, I'm Han!"

"I know who you are," She laughed, "I'm Sarah."

I handed Lilian to her, "The world doesn't revolve around me, I can't assume you'd know. Your daughter is an angel, by the way."

"Thank you so much," Sarah grinned at me, "I've been here for too long, I've gotta head out. Lily, say bye bye!"

Dylan gave the both of them a quick hug, "Drive safe and be careful, I'll be over at seven to watch her."

"Thank you so much, you're my savior," Sarah laughed. "It was nice meeting you guys!"

The six of us waved the two of them off before re-circling. Kimi was the first in asking, "Where have you been?"

"Han is entitled to having private business," Veronica said with a smirk as she approached the six of us from the entrance of the building.

"Oh my god, we've missed you!" Kimi exclaimed, enveloping her in a hug.

Everyone hugged Veronica individually and the seven of us made our way to the elevator, chatting amongst ourselves and catching up with one another as we walked. I pressed the button for the third floor and turned back around to look at everyone, "So, how are we all doing on this lovely Monday morning?"

"You're in a suspiciously good mood," Avalon chuckled at me as the elevator door opened and we all walked inside.

"I got Veronica to work today, of course I'm happy," I scoffed softly at her.

The elevator door closed and Niyah looked over at me with a smirk, "You got laid this morning, didn't you?"

Nelson playfully slapped my collarbone with the back of his hand, "Congratu-fucking-lations."

I screamed in pain and everyone stared at me in complete shock. I began to massage the spot and mumbled in defense of myself, "That really hurt."

"What the fuck was that?" Niyah laughed at me.

"I did not hit you that hard," Nelson insisted, raising his finger in the air.

"I have new tattoos, motherfucker," I scoffed at him. "Fucking prick."

"Holy fuck!" Kimi exclaimed. "Nelson, apologize to him right now!"

Nelson grabbed my shoulders, "I am so sorry."

Veronica laughed at this interaction, "This kind of shit would happen on my first day back."

"Speaking of which, from this point on, Veronica never missed work. Don't ask, don't tell," I said to everyone. "Nobody says a word."