chapter one-hundred

Brushing shoulders lightly with Seungmin on my way to the bathroom, I stumbled backward a bit and apologized, "Oh, shit. Sorry. Didn't see you there."

With the most disgusting look Seungmin could muster, he looked me up and down with his arms crossed, "You're fine. That was my bad too."

Noticing Changbin had the same look on his face, I tilted my head, "What's up?"

"We're pretending like we don't like you so we can hear the shit Nelson and his shitty friends have to say about you," Changbin said. "Don't look but from where we're standing we're in direct eye-line of him and he looks pretty satisfied at how disgusted we look."

"What the fuck?" I squinted my eyes at them. "That's so fake."

"We're like spies," Changbin began to grin before Seungmin slapped his arm and he went back to scowling.

"I didn't even know about it until now!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands up in the air.

"Well, we didn't want to hurt your feelings and tell you they're talking shit about you until we actually had some kind of proof," Seungmin said.

"I already know they're talking shit about me," I crossed my arms.

"I guess that does make us look pretty fake," Changbin looked up at Seungmin.

"Hear us out, okay?" Seungmin asked me. "Seriously."

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, sure. Whatever."

"We're compiling a detailed account of the things that Nelson and that group you used to be friends with say about you and the rest of our coworkers. They're creating a toxic work environment," Seungmin said.

"We're hoping if we document it well enough, you can actually do something about it. Or HR. Something to get them the fuck out of here," Changbin chuckled.

"I like-I-I," I stuttered. "What the fuck? Is it not obvious where your loyalties lie? We worked for Minho together and Felix is my best friend. How are you guys pulling this off?" 

"You still consider Felix to be your best friend?" Changbin tilted his head.

"Yeah, of course. I'm not exactly okay with him right now but that's still my day one," I said.

"Can I tell Felix you said that? That'd honestly be really comforting to him. He hasn't been himself. I've never seen him like this." Changbin said.

"I have so many fucking questions about what you two are up to but this one is at the forefront of my mind. Who exactly are we talking about here? Nelson, Kimi, Niyah, and Avalon or Nelson, Kimi, Niyah, Avalon, and Veronica?" I asked.

"The latter," Seungmin and Changbin said in unison.

I scoffed loudly, "Wow. Wow. Okay. I see how it is. I get it now. You two do your thing."

"Hyunjin doesn't fuck with Avalon anymore. That's not even because of us either. I didn't want to influence their friendship by telling him the shit from work so I didn't but he cut her off on his own." Seungmin said. "I didn't get much of an explanation before I spilled everything on him but he said that she was "on some weird shit," which, makes sense."

"A little illegal but Hyunjin is good people so I'm not concerned," I said. "I'm biased. Every manager has favorite."

"You mean owner and CEO? Hush, child," Changbin chuckled.

"You know you two forgot to stare at me with disdain, right?" I scoffed softly.

"That's because Nelson and the 'posse' walked off. They've made this place so cliquey. They act like they're the popular kids because they used to be friends with the boss." Seungmin said. "It's really gross."