chapter eighty-seven

author's note before reading:

this chapter is a long, expository conversation.

also minho is rlly hot in this fair warning

I knocked on Jeongin's front door, taking a deep breath and staring at my feet as I awaited a response. I wasn't sure whether or not Jeongin or Aimee were home but I didn't care either, acting on the impulse of simply just needing a friend.

The door opened and Jeongin tilted his head at me, "What are you doing here?"

"I need to talk to someone that I don't need to watch my words with," I sighed. "Are you busy?"

"No, I got off work an hour ago," Jeongin shook his head, "Uh, come in. Sorry for the mess."

I looked around as I stepped inside, "It's not messy, what are you talking about?"

"It is in Aimee's eyes. She has much higher standards than I do; I appreciate that in a woman."

"Is she home?" I asked, taking off my shoes whilst he shut the door.

"Yeah, I was just about to tell her that you're here. Unless, you don't want me to..."

"No, I do. I wanted to make sure you were," I chuckled.

"Oh, do you like her better than me?" He joked.

I sat down on his couch, "I wanna fuck your girlfriend, Jeongin."

"You're probably better in bed than I am, you fucking sleaze," Jeongin teased. "It's a miracle that Minho managed to tie you down. "

"Settled I am, my man. I am settled down and absolutely loving it," I grinned.

"Don't get too excited. One of you could always die of cancer, or something."

I laughed, "Fuck off and go tell Aimee I'm here."

Jeongin puckered his lips at me before turning around and heading out of the room through a doorway. He came back out a moment later and sat down not far from me on the couch to my left, "She's coming, she told you not to tell me this but she's having a mini freak-out moment right now."

"I'm still a normal person."

"I know that. It's just that the rest of the world doesn't."

"I got you guys out of jail."

"Let her have her moment, Han."

"I just figured the star effect would've worn off by now."

"I thought so too but I guess not. I don't know, she's a really big fan. It's a lot for her to take in still. This happened to you really fast."

"I always saw this for myself. It definitely didn't go down the way I expected it to but I'm not complaining."

Aimee emerged from the doorway and ran over to me excitedly, "Hi! It's so nice to see you!"

I stood up and gave her a warm hug, "It's nice to see you too! How are you?"

"Freaking the fuck out, honestly."