chapter sixty-nine

When stepping in the elevator to head for the roof, I took my face mask and my sunglasses off, looking down at it with a disappointed frown, "I knew I shouldn't've worn these. I got foundation on them."

Minho laughed at me, "Ha-ha. You suck."

I grimaced at him as I snatched his sunglasses off, "Fuck off."

"At least we get the elevator to oursel-," Minho cut himself off when two girls stepped in the elevator after, "I stand corrected."

"Yes, you do," I laughed at him.

"Woah, are you guys-,"

Minho and I spoke in unison, "Yes."

"That was fucking sick!" I exclaimed, initiating our secret handshake.

"I know, right?" Minho laughed as he returned the gesture.

"I've never seen a celebrity... well, celebrities plural in person before," The other girl said with a big smile. "Can we get a picture?"

"No, thanks," Minho said.

"Sure!" I exclaimed, getting in-frame when they pulled out their phones.

"Thank you so much!" The first woman who spoke exclaimed as she put her phone away. "I'm sorry if I'm jumpy, it's just so cool to meet you in person. We work in A.I, by the way. My name is Gina and hers is Jennie-,"

The woman named Jennie cut her off, "Girl, shut up. He doesn't care."

I looked at her strangely, "Why would you think that?"

"Don't you have better things to do?"

"Yes," Minho said.

I grimaced at him, "No. No, I don't."

When the elevator opened Minho dragged me out by the hand and too distracted by the view of the stars when we walked out, I gave no objection to him. I followed him with my head aimed toward the sky until he stopped walking when we reached the other side of the roof. I looked around with a big smile and Minho asked, "Do you have any thoughts in your head right now?"

"It's just me saying "wow" and "pretty" over and over again as I look around like a kid in a candy store," I laughed.

"You described how you looked perfectly," Minho chuckled.

"Aren't I just so perfect and wonderful?" I joked.

Minho laughed at this, walking away from me a bit to sit in what looked to be a sturdy high-chair in the corner between the walls. He held his hand out for me and whined, "C'mere."

I walked over to him and locked my fingers with his, "You're cute."

"Is it bad that I wish we were at home right now?" Minho chuckled.

"Yes!" I exclaimed. "We should be having fun. We never go out like this anymore."

"We can entertain ourselves," Minho whined once more.

I groaned, "You're talking about fucking, aren't you?"

"I didn't say that, you did."

"You set me up!" I exclaimed.

Minho wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me between his legs where he'd been sitting, "I did, didn't I?"

I wrapped my arms around his shoulders with a pout, "I can't believe you just did that."

"Wouldn't it be nice, though?"

"What, to be fucking instead of here?" I laughed.

"Yeah," Minho cooed with a certain look of innocence in his eyes that always drove me crazy.