chapter fifty-eight

"You're a robot with feelings. Do you know how fucking scary that is? You're going to take over the world someday and nobody's going to be able to do anything about it because of your big fucking brain."

"Why don't we ever talk about how smart Hyunjin is?" I asked Jeongin in an attempt to shut him up. "He has a big beautiful brain under all of that hair."

"Hair that I'm going to have to cut when I graduate," Hyunjin rolled his eyes.

"I'm so upset about it," Seungmin frowned. "I hate it. I like money, though. Money is nice."

"We make good money," Changbin scoffed softly at him.

Seungmin rolled his eyes, "I mean more money."

"How much will you be making?" I asked Hyunjin.

"Two hundred-thousand a year or something. I don't know," Hyunjin shrugged. "I don't really care either. I'm not in it for the money. A lot of the people in the residency program and in my classes are psyched for the money but it's never been about that for me. Especially when it's not always guaranteed, you know?"

"My friend Dylan said that I should try going to therapy. Should I do it?"

In unison, everyone in the room said "Yes" and I sighed dramatically.

Fuck me.

"There's literally nothing wrong with going to therapy," Hyunjin laughed at me. "I mean, look at what I'm doing."

"Han's prideful," Jeongin said.

"Since Genesis covers Healthcare, Changbin and I go to therapy after working for he who shall not be named," Seungmin said.

I slapped a hand to my mouth and tried my best not to laugh, beginning to hyperventilate when the thought of them crying to a stranger about the psychological damage Minho caused them came to mind.

"You can laugh," Changbin rolled his eyes.

I burst into laughter, grabbing a pillow and putting it over my face when Seungmin raised his fist at me.

"They don't go to the same therapist but they made a pact to do it together, so," Hyunjin shrugged. "I recommended them some people. I can recommend someone to you, if you'd like. Do you have a preference on sex?"

"Maybe a woman," I mumbled, slowly lowering the pillow from my face.

"You are the most feminine person here," Jeongin said to me. "Yet again, you're also really masculine..."

"He's got the whole androgynous thing going for him except you can tell he's a dude," Seungmin chuckled.

Changbin looked over at me, "Your "soulmate" or whatever gave us some serious trauma. It's honestly not funny."

"It's kind of funny," I said, sucking my lips in with a smile.

"Low-key? Yeah," Jeongin said under his breath.

"It's not funny," Changbin said, slapping both of our thighs.

"Can I say something?" Hyunjin asked.

"No," Seungmin said back to him.

Oh my god.

Hyunjin shrugged, "It's a little funny."

Seungmin gasped dramatically with an expression of horror, "How could you?"

"Are we really having this conversation?" Jeongin asked.