chapter thirty-two

Monday

"Council meeting begins now," I said, pretending to bang a gavel.

"We're not a council," Veronica laughed.

"Well, we could be," Kimi shrugged.

"You can't tell me that calling our friend group here 'the council' wouldn't be hilarious," Avalon said.

"We'll come back to that later. Han, how is the plan going?" Nelson asked me.

"It's going great. The only time he talks to me is when he's questioning one of my decisions," I laughed. "The only thing that hasn't changed in our relationship is that we have to cuddle each other to sleep at night or we can't sleep. That's the only thing I can't sacrifice because my sleeping schedule will be more fucked than it already is."

"You know what? That makes sense," Kimi said. "What about the sex? Has he gotten desperate?"

"The only thing that's effected me so far is that. I've rejected all of his advances and we've barely fucked in weeks but it takes everything I have in me to resist," I chuckled. "We've both gotten desperate but I'm not giving in yet. Not by a long shot."

"How long are you going to keep at this for?" Niyah asked me.

"Until I know he's gotten the message," I said. "Today's the day Seungmin quits for Changbin. I asked him to keep me text-updated and so far he hasn't had the opportunity but he's getting it done, he starts tomorrow. He already has everything packed. At any moment I'm gonna get a frantic call from Minho asking me if I know anything about it."

"Who wants to place bets on when he'll call?" Kimi asked with a grin.

"What if he doesn't call?" Avalon asked.

"Oh, he will. I'm sure of it," I said. I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket and pulled it out, "Oh my god. It's Seungmin. He did it. Minho knows."

"That means he should be calling you at any point," Niyah said. "You're gonna put it on speaker, right?"

"Of course," I scoffed softly.

"This is nerve-wracking. Ahhhh," Avalon giggled. "This is crazy."

My phone began to vibrate on my lap and I read the contact ID, "It's him. It's fucking him."

"Answer it!" Veronica exclaimed.

I answered the phone and put it on speaker, "What's up?"

"I'm having a fucking crisis right now. Are you at work? Can we talk right now?" Minho asked me frantically. "Something big happened. Are you alone?"

"I'm at work but yeah, I'm alone," I said to him. "What happened?"

"Changbin and Seungmin fucking quit on me!" Minho exclaimed. "I don't even know what to do! I'm losing my shit here!"

"Oh my god..." I trailed off, then lowering my tone. "What happened?"

"I come into their office to check in on them and I see Seungmin sitting there alone, right? I ask him where Changbin is and he fucking tells me that he's quitting for the both of them!" Minho exclaimed. "Do you want to know what he said to me after that? I asked him if there were any hard feelings and he looks me dead in the eyes and tells me that both he and Changbin can't even be friends with anymore. What the fuck did I do!?"

"Do you know what they're going to do?" I asked him, pretending to be surprised as everyone sitting around me tried their hardest not to laugh.

"Seungmin said they got offered better jobs with a bigger corporation with higher pay," Minho scoffed. "I'll kill the motherfucker that's trying to sabotage my shit like this."