chapter seventy-eight

Completely interrupting the important discussion Kimi and I had been having over expanding the leadership team, Veronica ran up to us and exclaimed, "You guys need to see this!"

Kimi looked over at her and with a hint of disgust in her tone scolded her, "We're clearly in the middle of something here."

"I ran the risk of that but this is the funniest shit I've ever seen, you have to look," Veronica said, bursting into laughter.

"Uhh..." I trailed off.

Ignoring Kimi and I's protests, Veronica dragged the both of us by hand until we were standing a ways behind Grayson's desk. She stood in between the two of us and pointed to him, "Do you see what I see?"

Kimi and I looked at each other in confusion for a moment before I answered in a hushed tone, "No..."

"Look at what he's watching and how he's sitting," Veronica whispered to us. "He's watching that interview you and Minho did that came out yesterday. He looks like he's about to commit a felony or something."

Realizing what we were watching, I slapped a hand to my mouth in horror and Kimi whispered to the both of us, "That's so embarrassing."

Pulling my phone out in amusement, I took a video of Grayson from behind him and zoomed in on what he'd been watching and down at the balled fist on his lap. I sent it to Minho and captioned the video with the words "he looks like the Arthur meme rn," then showing it to Kimi and Vee after with a grin.

"Why would he watch it here? That's so dumb," Kimi whispered.

"Dare me to say something," I chuckled.

"No way!" Veronica whisper-exclaimed.

"I'm his boss and yours too. He should be focused and so should you," I said to her.

"You expect me to miss an opportunity like this?" Veronica asked.

I pulled the two of them farther from him as to speak in our normal voices and I asked them, "Do you think he's doing it on purpose?"

"Absolutely not. That's horrifying," Kimi laughed.

"It hasn't even been a full day since it was posted. He probably just saw it for the first time and couldn't resist," Veronica chuckled. "In front of all of us. God, that's so funny. Does he really think nobody's gonna see?"

Noticing Seungmin and Changbin stop to see what Grayson was viewing, they walked past him in a fit of whispers and giggles and he quickly shut his laptop. Watching as he put his face in his hands, Kimi, Veronica and I burst into laughter, holding onto each other for dear life as we tried to keep ourselves steady.

Nelson approached us, "What did I miss?"

"Fucking-," I tried to catch my breath and only found myself to be laughing harder than I had been before.

Kimi grabbed his shoulder, "We just caught Grayson watching that interview Han and Minho just did and he looked like he was about to get violent or something."

Nelson looked back at him, "Are you fucking serious? Is that why Changbin and Seungmin just walked by me dying? I thought they were laughing at me or something."