chapter seventy-six

"What's the worst smoke-sesh circle you can think of off the top of your head? Okay, go," Niyah laughed. "It has to be people that are still alive, too."

"Vladimir Putin, Kim Jong-un, Ji Jinping, and Jair Bolsonaro," Kimi answered quickly, "That is, if we can understand them. If not, we can just have Han translate."

I looked up from my phone with a chuckle, "What the fuck? No. I'm not doing that."

"Onision, Jeffree Star, and Shane Dawson," Avalon stated firmly. "If we want to be even more miserable we can throw in Trisha Paytas too."

"David Dobrik, Gabbie Hanna, James Charles, and like-," Veronica paused, "Yeah, I've got nothing. That just sounds like hell."

"Mine would be a group full of hard Republicans or a group of hard Democrats," I said with a laugh. "I can't fucking stand people that are obsessed with politics."

"I wish I was recording this conversation because I could make a lot of money off what you just said," Nelson chuckled.

"Yeah, people are dying to know your political stance," Dylan said. "That's a quick couple hundred-thousand."

"No way people would pay that much," I said to him.

"Trading and selling paparazzi pictures of you is a lucrative business," Niyah said. "I feel like you don't realize how famous you are and it's honestly the funniest thing ever."

"I really have no idea," I laughed. "I feel like people expect me to know or feel like I am but I don't. I really don't."

"At least you're humble," Veronica shrugged.

"Yeah, you could be one of those assholes that thinks they're better than everyone else and acts like it too," Nelson said.

Hearing footsteps come up the tower stairs, I looked down and realized the figure emerging was, in fact, my worst nightmare.

Déjà fucking vu.

"Hey, guys," Grayson said with a small smile as he approached us, taking the empty seat next to Veronica.

"Hey, how have you been?" Niyah asked him, getting up from her seat to give him a hug.

"I've been good! How are you?"

"I'm good," Niyah said to him with a smile. "I feel like I haven't seen you in forever. Where have you been?"

I'm in hell. This is my karma for my sins.

"It's only been a few days since we talked," Grayson chuckled. "I think you just miss me."

"Maybe I do," Niyah shrugged with a small smirk.

Veronica looked over at me apologetically and when she did so, I decided to speak up, "Grayson, can you not? This is a private conversation."

"No it's not," Niyah laughed. "We're talking about the worst smoke-sesh partners."

"I didn't mean to impose..." Grayson trailed off.

"No, I need him to leave," I said.

Niyah looked at me, "Han, don't be an asshole. He doesn't need to leave just because you don't like him. He's staying."

Nope. That's it. I'm done.

"No. No, he's not. If I'm telling him to go, he has to go. If I tell you to jump, you ask how high. It doesn't matter what any of you think. You don't get to magically force me to let him stay in the conversation just because you want him to be. All six of you could want him to stay and I wouldn't give a fuck. I don't care what you want. It doesn't matter. He's going."