chapter sixty-six

"Earth to Han!" Veronica exclaimed, waving a hand in front of my face.

I blinked a few times, "What?"

"You disappeared for like ten minutes," Dylan said with a chuckle.

"I'm not in a good mood," I said.

"Oh? Is that so?" Kimi asked. "Care to share?"

"Let's just say things are not good on planet Han," Veronica said.

"It's his world, we're just living in it," Avalon joked.

"You missed the whole debate we just had about climate change. All of us believe it's real but we thought it'd be funny if half of us played devil's advocate and the other half fought for it," Niyah explained with a chuckle.

"Why the fuck are you guys talking about that?" I laughed. "Who won?"

"It wasn't about winning," Kimi frowned.

"You're just saying that because y'all lost," Niyah chuckled at her.

I slapped my forehead, "You guys are so fucking weird."

"Says the one that just zoned out for ten minutes straight. Where have you been?" Nelson asked.

"Just thinking," I said, scratching the back of my head. "I don't really know where I was."

"So, I've been banging my landlord, right? He gave me a copy of the keys for the roof of the apartment and I'm gonna throw a party. How do we feel about this?" Niyah asked all of us. "If this seems random, it's not. I've just been waiting for the right time to bring it up."

"I've always wanted to go to a rooftop party!" Kimi exclaimed excitedly.

"Is he cute?" Veronica asked her.

"He's fine as fuck," Niyah said, then bursting into laughter.

"What's this I hear about a party?"

Oh, you've got to be fucking kidding me.

Niyah hopped up from her seat and ran over to where Grayson was stood at the top of the stairs, "How's my baby?"

What the fuck is this?

"Niyah, you're too good to me," Grayson chuckled as he gave her a quick hug.

Veronica and I gave each other a look as Avalon asked Niyah, "Who's this?"

"This is the temp I hired in CS. His name is Grayson and I know he looks super intimidating but he's actually a big teddy bear," Niyah said with one hand wrapped around his waist and the other placed on his chest.

I want the ground to swallow me whole.

"It's nice to meet you, Grayson," Nelson said, getting out of his seat and dapping him up. "I'm Nelson."

Grayson returned the gesture, "It's nice to meet you, man."

"What's up? I'm Dylan," He said, sticking his hand out for him to shake.

Grayson walked over to him and shook his hand, "I'm good, man, how about you?"

"I'm good, dude. Wanna sit with us?" Dylan asked him, patting the open seat next to him.

"I don't think that's a good idea..." Veronica trailed off.

"Yeah, I don't-,"

Kimi cut me off, "Nonsense. Come sit."

Does nobody here know how to read vibes? Fuck.

Avalon held her skirt down as she got out of her seat and approached him with a grin, "Hi, I'm Avalon. You are very beautiful. What's your skincare routine?"