chapter seventy-seven

"Watching you do your hair feels like I'm watching Vincent van Gogh paint The Starry Night," Minho joked.

I laughed, "Am I really that masterful?"

"Yes! I don't know how you do what you do but you manage to look like a different person depending on what style you do. It's absolutely insane. Here's the real question. How long have you been like this for?"

I laughed once more, "'Since I was a kid."

"Pre or post what happened?"

"Pre. My family was fascinated by what I could do with my hair. I started doing everyone else's as well. There was no way they didn't know I was fucking gay. I didn't even know I was gay but there's no way they didn't. Not my younger siblings but my older ones and my parents. They had to know. There's literally no way they didn't. I don't care if I'm stereotyping here but I was effeminate as fuck growing up."

"How'd they feel about homosexuality?"

"They didn't give a fuck," I chuckled. "It was a very liberal household all things considered. Like I said, there was no way they didn't know. I can bet you that they probably even told themselves not to assume because it was so glaringly obvious."

"My dad texted me recently," Minho said.

"That's random," I said. "What about?"

"Apologizing for what happened at the wedding."

"I take it that means he knows we're still together."

"He's texted me a few times these past couple of months and I've ignored all of them but yeah, he does. He said that since getting married to Sanctimommy that his outlook on life has changed. I think he's just kissing ass because you're so successful."

"I bet they feel real fucking stupid l judging me for being your personal assistant knowing what they know now," I cackled. "Sorry, that laugh was fucking annoying. I don't know why it came out like that. Anyway. I specifically told them that I was your personal assistant because I knew they'd judge me for it. I also knew that when I became successful for my own hard work, they'd be re-reminded of the comment and feel dumb."

"I want to wait to finally meet up with him when he has to address you as 'Dr.' I think that'll be a kick in his pride. Here's what I want to know, though. We're gonna get married someday, obviously. What are we doing with last names?"

I blinked at myself a few times in the mirror and set my hair straightener down, "I hadn't even thought about that."

"I think about it all of the time. You go by your surname so it'd be weird for me to change my name to 'Minho Han,' of course. You wouldn't be able to take my last name unless you changed your first name to 'Han' but you wouldn't do that because then you'd be referred to as 'Dr. Lee' and I can tell by the look on your face that you're repulsed by the idea of having someone else's name attached to your success. Even if it is mine."

"What if we just don't take names?"

"Progressive. I like."

"What are we gonna do about the financial shit?" I asked him. "Should we just keep it all separate?"

"I don't really care either way. I used to think that whoever I married had to sign a prenup but I've never suspected you of being after my money so it doesn't matter."

"Separate it is. How about rings?"

"Ooh, how about we get physical ones but also get tattoos of them in case we can't wear them?" Minho suggested excitedly.

"I like that," I grinned.

"Do you want a wedding?" He asked me.

"Fuck no," I chuckled, then going back to my hair.