Chapter III

You throw the ball back at Sarah as she sits helplessly on John B's back. She turns her head to the side to protect her face.
"You're gonna pay for that Y/N!" She laughs from behind John B.
Sarah jumps down from his back and struggles to chase you in the water as the waves kept getting stronger and stronger, knocking the two of you on your butts and on top of each other, everybody laughs and joins in, the group becoming a big playful mess.

"Sarah."

Topper and his crew were walking along the beach with their golf cargo in hand. Their dapper button downs and beach shorts matched their golf bags. They had just finished their saturday morning 9 holes.
Everybody but Topper continued walking as they kicked the warm sand up from their shoes.
Kelce notices his friend paused In a daze.
"Yo, she's not coming back no matter how long you stand there whining about it, bro."
The group pause in their footsteps and turn their heads to your pogue friends.
"Dude, come on. She's a loser anyways." Rafe adds as he gestures towards his sister.
"Watch your mouth." Topper says as he turns to Rafe with a solid glare.

In the midst of the mess that Sarah had started in the water, you look up to notice a group of brightly dressed boys staring from the top of the sand and frozen in their footsteps.
You recognised all of them but one.

"Hey, we got an audience." You say to the group, hitting Popes chest with the back of your hand.
"Oh shoot, that's topper." Sarah says.
"And Rafe." Jj adds as he locks eyes with Pope.
"Rafe?" You ask.
"My shitty brother." Sarah replies.
"Didnt know you had a brother."
"And that's how you know you need to come over more often instead of sitting at home with your games and snacks." She laughs mockingly.
"Yeah, yeah, do me a favour and let him know that orange isn't his colour for me." You look over to Sarah and giggle, resuming your water game of chase.

"Who's the little weirdo chasing my sister?"
"Y/N, she's cool though. Not like the pogues." Kelce answers Rafe.
"She a kook?" He asks.
"Kook, pogue, whatever."
"Which is it? Can't be a kook and a pogue." Rafe says turning to Kelce in impatience.
"Kook, bro, Jesus." Kelce replies as he walks ahead of the group.
Rafe licks his lips as he watches you in the water. Topper remains watching Sarah.
"Come on man! It's hot as balls!" Kelce shouts from the end of the beach.

The boys throw their golf gear over their shoulders and finally walk towards Kelce who leads them back to Rafes truck.
Rafe quickly glances at you last minute before opening the driver side door and hopping into his seat, putting his keys into the ignition.

"She's a hottie, eh?" Kelce says smugishly as he taps Rafes shoulder from the backseat.
"Gross, stop it. That's my sisters friend." He says firmly.
"What is it with them..." Topper asks, clearly upset.
"Hm?" Rafe hums as he looks into the rear view mirror at Topper.
"You know.. like, what do they have that we don't? The pogues I mean."
"Geez dude, get over it already, it's pitiful." Rafe replies as he finally turns his key.
"Seriously man. First it was Kie, then Y/N, and now they've lopped Sarah up in their bullshit." Topper says as he throws his head back against the headrest.
"Sounds like you're in need of some bubbly, my guy." Kelce says. "What do you say? Wanna get on it tonight?"
"Pftttt.. I don't know." Topper replies sheepishly.
"Alright, mine, 8:30pm tonight, I'll invite everybody. We gotta get you a new hook up or something!" Kelce mocks.
"Count me out." Rafe interrupts.
"What? No-dude, what?"
"Count me out, Barry hasn't hooked me up today."
"Rafe, you don't need that shit to have fun. And actually, it's the opposite. Coke will kill you, you wanna get killed by coke? Doesn't sound too fun."

The car sits in silence for a few moments before Kelce breaks the silence once again.

"Alright here's the dealio. I don't have coke. But.... I will pay for all your beers if you stay for just a few hours. Just a few. Just until you learn that coke isn't everything. Deal?"
"Alright, fine. But I expect to see one slice of lemon in every single bottle of beer, capiche?" Rafe bargains.
"God, you're such high maintenance."