Chapter IX

A few hours had passed and you were buzzing with beer, rum and wine in your system. Your legs now partially numb, unable to feel them land on the ground with every step you take. Your face and hands feel staticky while your chest thumps to the beat of the music, now louder than before.

"How are you feeling?" Kie asks.
"Like a gazillion bucks."

The boys had joined a crowd of people in the pool, Sarah as well as she floats arounds on a pool noodle with John B.
"Get your asses in here!" Sarah yells out to the two of you on the grass.
"I'm in a dress Sarah!" You shout back.
"And I'm not ditching Y/N!" Kie adds.
"Go put my shirt on! I don't mind if it gets wet!" Jj says.
"And pants?!" You ask.
"I'm still wearing my bikini underneath this, you can wear my shorts if you want?" Kie says softly from your side.
"Deal."

You stand up from your spot on the grass and make your way to the boys T-shirts and bending down to pick up Jj's until a pair of muscular arms swoop you up and off of your feet completely.
"Hey! What're you doing?! Put me down!" You yell and shout as you kick your legs.
Kelce laughs as he carries you to the edge of the pool.
"Don't make a scene okay? It'll be fun!"

You feel your dress begin to pull up towards your hips, feeling a breeze up and underneath. Kelce's hold on you starting to expose your upper thigh.
The panic setting in as you realise an entire party is going to see your underwear if he doesn't put you down.
You try to push off of his chest but your body is weak with intoxication, making your eyes well up in tears.
The crowd surrounding the pool watches pitifully as you cry.
"Geez, it's just water. Get over it." You hear a man say, followed by a woman's laugh.

Jj, Pope and John B notice and begin swimming to the edge of the pool to help before Kelce is pulled backwards and away from the pool by the collar of his shirt.
"Put her down dude. Come on." You hear Rafe's voice. Putting you at ease.
Kelce releases his hold on you as Rafe gently pulls you into his side before handing you off to John B.
"What're you doing bro, you're ruining my chances?!" Kelce shouts in a whisper.
"Chances? She's drunk! We don't do that shit around here." Rafe argues back.
"Oh?" Kelce says threateningly as he steps closer to Rafe. "Go. Join your fellow pogue mutts and your slutty sister and get the fuck out of my house."

Rafe pushes Kelce's chest in a swift motion with both of his hands. Making his chest audibly thump on contact. Kelce returns the push before being met with a fist to the face. Both of their brutish bodies tumble to the grass, Rafe straddling Kelce as he lands blow after blow on his face before Topper steps in, pulling Rafe off of Kelce as he lays there trying to catch his breath, wincing at his busted lip.

The entire party came to a halt to watch it go down, cheering the fight on as you stand there in shock, your hands over your mouth.

Rafe finally steps away, making eye contact with you. His once gelled back hair was now messy and hung over his face, his chest rising and falling deeply with every breath he took. His hands were slightly smudged with blood but it wasn't his own.
You nod to him with sad eyes, reassuring him that you're okay.
He breaks eye contact before walking past you and through the crowd towards the street. Seeing himself out.
"We should go too." Pope says, "Are you alright to drive?"
"I don't think so." John B replies, "I had hoped to stay the night here, but that's definitely not happening."
"If we can catch my brother, he can take us home and we pick up the twinkie in the morning?" Sarah adds.

You ditch the pogues while they gather their clothes and bottles and run towards the street, finding Rafe sitting on the gutter.
"Hey.."
"Hey." He replies, pushing his hair back, "are you alright?"
"You're asking me?" You laugh before getting serious, "are you okay? I didn't mean to cause all that...I'm so sorry."
"Hey. Don't apologise. You didn't cause that. He had the audacity to say something about my sister and then his face just.. he had his heart set on getting with you tonight, no matter how much you had to drink. Did you know that? Knowing that kinda...." He paused, "I don't know what I'm saying, forget it." He shrugs the topic off before huffing down at his hands.
You smile at him before leaning your head on his shoulder, "you looked pretty cool, not gonna lie. You really handed him his own ass."
You feel his shoulder shift under your face as he laughed under his breath.
"Hey any chance you can take us home? John B can't drive." You finally ask.
"They're gonna have to sit in the tray of my truck. It's only a two door."
"Then I shotgun front seat."