Chapter LXI

"Sorry sir, I wasn't feeling too well." Rafe says as he takes his seat at the table again while you make your way back to yours with Zane following closely behind. "but Y/N took good care of me and uh- I feel way better now."
"Yes, yes, I could see." Your father responds in a forgiving tone as he side eyes Zane.
"Well." Ward begins as he sits back in his chair, "I was thinking of hitting the hay now, it's gotten pretty late and we've gone over everything, I hope, right?" He asks as he looks towards your father, the two nodding at each other in agreement, "Rafe? You ready?"
Rafe looks at his plate still full of food before flashing a glance at you who's plate was also nowhere close to finished.
"Actually, I'm gonna finish the lovely dinner
Mrs.Y/L/N cooked and then I'll head home." He says monotonously as he presses a quick and ingenuine smile on his face, avoiding eye contact with his father while Ward just sits back, returning the ingenuine smile right back at Rafe.
"Alright." Wards says as he stands up, "thank you for having me."
"And us too, we should be heading off as well." Mr.Becket says as he stands up before giving your mother a farewell kiss on the cheek. Zane should know to do the same by now but instead, he stays seated, eyeing Rafe down from across the table.
"Zane." His father calls out.
"Yeah, alright."

The other guests had left. The beckets, Ward, they had exited the house and down the long drive way while their big, fancy cars were heard trodding along the gravel before the sound of the large iron gates could be heard closing for their final time that night. Leaving you and Rafe in silence.
"Don't suppose your parents would notice if I stayed the night?" He asks with a cheeky smile.
You laugh in exchange as you gather both your own and his empty plates, placing them inside the sink to be washed in the morning.
"You can't stay the night, Rafe."
"I could leave first thing in the morning, they won't even notice!" He whispers in a loud tone, expressing his excitement at the topic.
"What time is it?" You ask.
Rafe flicks his wrist up, pulling up the sleeve of his jacket optimistically as he checks his watch.
"11pm."
"It's still pretty early you know..." you hint at him with a mischievous face as you bite your bottom lip, leaning in on the table in front of him.
"Oh yeah?" He asks, the sight in front of him tempts him strongly as your hair slips over your shoulder and onto your chest where his ring sits just above your cleavage.
"Wanna go check out what kinda waves the moons pulling tonight?"
"Waves? The beach? Y/N? You wanna go to the beach? At this time?" He asks in a ramble as he frantically looks around the house after noticing his voice getting louder by the second,
"you wanna sneak out?" He whispers.
"Well if every bodies gone to bed...why not? It's not like they'd notice."
He looks at you quizzically before huffing a small laugh, realising that your pogue ways were starting to rub off on him.
"You know what? Sure."

The car journey to the beach was short but it was quite eery. At least to you it was. You weren't sure if Rafe was picking up on it too since he was always pretty hard to read but if there was anything that you could read, it was that he did become noticeably more observant of what streets he turned into and where he decided to park his truck. He looks around corners further than he usually did and he was slightly more engaged with his surroundings than with you which was as strange as it was rare.

"It's so quiet..." you whisper, as you walk along pavement until it meets sand.
Rafe walks behind you and only continues to look around, checking over his shoulder every so often with what could only be confusion in his eyes, "yeah."
"Is everything...okay?" You ask concerned, his obscure tendency to check his surroundings now had started to scare you.
"Yeah, I just...I've never seen this part of town sooo...ghostly." He says, "there could be someone watching us right now and we wouldn't even know."
"Okay. You didn't need to say that." You say, moving yourself closer towards his body out of fear.
He averts his eyes towards you at last, settling on your perfect features as a smile forms on his face.
"Sorry." He laughs as he places his hands around your waist as it shivers with the wind, flicking up ocean water with every gust.

You stare into his eyes as your own tempts him into inching closer, his lips pressing against yours swiftly before pulling away again. A proud smile remains on his face as he pulls his T-shirt over his head and removing it completely.
He hesitates to remove his pants after the brisk night air races against his abdomen, his bare skin almost instantly prickly with goose bumps. You notice his pause before placing your own hands on his waist band, tugging at it softly which got him excited to remove his pants at last but now, your hands stay positioned on his hips, tugging at the only fabric left on his body.
"We going all out?" He asks with a shaky smile, his voice shivers with both thrill and chilliness.
"What's wrong? Scared?" You tease as you pull your own shirt off, revealing your lacey bra.
"Just a little." He says as his hands come around your back, unhooking your bra and leaving it hanging loosely on your chest, "Not too fond of fish seeing my ittybitties."
"Your ittybitties." You laugh, "then you wouldn't have a thing in the world to worry about, Mr.Cameron." You wink.

Rafe bites his lip as he stares at the sight in front of him. Taking in all your beauty as the lacey fabric on your chest stands in the way of him and an otherworldly sensation, waiting eagerly for it to drop. His eyes stare ever the more hungrily at you as you begin to unbutton your own denim shorts, slipping them off with a little kick as they land on top of Rafes while he stands idly, his gaze drifting up your body and up into your moon lit eyes that were, to his surprise, seemed full of anxiety and embarrassment which caused his eyes to soften.
"Don't make it weird." You pout.
"I'll let you keep yours on if you let me keep mine on." He says with a gentle smile, gesturing at your underwear. Wanting nothing more from you but to feel comfortable in front of him.
"Deal." You agree gladly.
His softened features now pressing up into a smile as he stays adorning you. Your tensed shoulders ease in relief while your eyes were now visibly full of nothing but joy, something that Rafe only ever hopes to see.