Chapter VII

Rafe finally comes to a stop at a closed bedroom door, knocking three times before opening.
"Gotta make sure, ya know?" He says as he cocks his head to the side at you.
"Pfttt" you chuckle.
"Coast is clear." He says as he lets you in.

As you sit on the cold, marble counter top of the ensuit bathroom, Rafe pulls a hand towel off the steel rod by the shower. He runs it under the faucet before gently pulling your wrist towards his body, dabbing at your cut palm ever so slightly.

"You don't have to be so gentle you know, I'm a big girl." You smile at him jokingly yet admiring his delicate movements.
"I'm sure you are Y/N." His eyes never leaving your hand, making sure not to dab too hard or rub the cut the wrong way. "My sister has the same bracelets.."
"These? Sarah made one for Kie, herself and me. Friendship bracelets. These beads are made from recycled plastic from the ocean, Kie hooked us up with them from a place she once worked at over the summer."
"Pftt, so lame." Rafe teases with a smirk as he shuffles closer to the counter top.
"Hey at least I have friends, you loner. There's only one lame ass here and it's not me." You laugh, "why are you always sitting alone anyways? You're not too shabby looking, yet you're never with anybody new."

Rafe is taken aback by your words. Although he had always loved parties and could be found at any kook party on the island, he knew for sure that he only attends them for the drug use, so he never saw reason as to why he should put in the effort as to befriend people. Friends were the least of his worries and never a priority in his books.
His broken life at home and his relationship with his father had always driven him back to Barry and back to the drugs.
Every. Single. Time.

"Hmm.." He sighs. "Must be the orange shirt." He replies.
Your jaw hardly drops and you find yourself at a loss for words. He laughs at your speechlessness before releasing your hand and placing his hands on either side of the counter top you're currently sitting on, he upholds his stance before continuing.
"What? You do realise how short the sand bank is right?" He finally makes eye contact with you for the first time since reaching the ensuit.
"Oh. You heard that huh?" You ask fretfully.
"Of course I heard. I went straight home and changed." He laughs off his serious glare and checks your palm one last time.
"It really isn't the worst colour. I mean, it could've been green?" You humour.
"My gym shirts are green." He says as he rubs the back of his neck.
"I'll just stop talking."
He grins and hits your leg gently with the towel he used to clean your cut.
"Alright, off you go." He gestures towards bathroom door.
"You're not coming?"
"Ah, nah. Figured I'd go find Topper. I was a little bit insensitive back at the table. Who knows what he's doing right now, couple of drinks and zero control of his emotions. He's probably screaming into a pillow right now for all we know." He jokes as he looks down at you, his face almost unreadable.
You flash him a reassuring smile before hopping off the counter top and onto your feet again. Your body closing the gap between Rafe and the counter. You struggle to squeeze by as you place a hand on his chest as an attempt at get past. Rafes body not moving an inch.
You finally reach the doorway of the small ensuit before turning back to him again, flashing a small smile as he returns it.

Kelce notices you walk out of the doorway of the guest bedroom, he watches as you walk away and out of sight. Curiosity peaks his interest and he investigates further, walking in to see Rafe walking out of the bathroom with a towel in hand.
"Yooooo, you and Y/N huh? That's unexpected. You get lucky?" Kelce grills as Rafes face scrunches up in disgust.
"Ugh, what're you talking about dude. Of course not." He replies as he walks out of the room.
"Oh good, good. Cause uh, I'm thinking of maybe getting lucky myself. Tonight. With uh, Y/N. You know?" Kelce says slyly with a side grin.

Rafes eyebrows furrow at Kelces words, his mouth agape before his teeth come to a clench. He says nothing and gives Kelce an empty nod.

As he makes his way down the maze of hallways, he finds himself pondering the thought. His face written with emotion, rare but unmistakably disapproval.
"What the hell." He mumbles to himself.