Chapter IV

As you sit on the sand, soaking up the sun on your wet skin, you hear your phone buzzing from underneath your towel, tucked away for protection from the sun.
"Y/N" jj calls, trying to get your attention.
"Mm?"
"Your phone, it's going crazy."
"Bleghh, fine." You groan.

You open your eyes, letting them adjust to the bright blue sky and the blinding sand before rolling onto your stomach to better reach your phone.
Surprise evident on your face as you read a text message from Kelce.
"Weird, how does he have my number?"
"Hm? Who?" Kie asks.
"Kelce..."
"Kelce?! As in dainty, snobby Kelce?"
"Yeah." You reply half-assed as you continue to read the text.
"Well, what does he want?" Pope asks.
"We're invited to a party...huh."
"We are? Or just you?" Jj says arrogantly as he flips his hat forward and stares to the horizon.

Kelce: Yo Y/N, you up for a few drinks tonight? Party at mine this time.

Can I bring my friends?

Kelce: ummm.. the pogues? I mean, if it'll make you say yes?

"He says you guys can come!" You jump up excited.
"Come where?" John B asks as he finally joins us on the sand with Sarah.
"Party at Kelces, we're all invited." Kie answers.
"As in Kelce, Kelce?" John B retorts. "Kie, come on, you're usually smarter than this. You're not actually going, right?" John B remarks.
Silence.
"Where Kelce is, there is a Topper, have you guys forgotten when he literally tried to murder my ass?"
"I don't think Topper is like that anymore. I mean, he resolved it already. And frankly, I kinda think that was an accident..." you drag on.

John B turns to you in disbelief. A face of disgust written on his features.
"You can't be serious right now." John B spat.
You shrug your shoulders.

You've never been good with words whenever it came to confrontation. It's a little something that came with emotionally abusive parents. After a while, it became second nature to just keep your mouth shut in order to keep disputing to a low.

"Look, if me and Pope can go, so can you dude. Topper won't do shit. I'm almost willing to bet on it. And if he does, you know we've all got your back." Jj says as he grips John B's shoulders in an attempt to calm him down.

John B shrugs Jj's hands off of his shoulders.
"Let's go then."

John B drops you off at your house to get ready for tonight.
"We'll pick you up 10 to! So be ready or we'll raid your house!" Jj yells from the vans window as he leans over Sarah in the passengers seat.
You laugh and shake your head as you swivel through your mother's garden and hedges.
You take your house keys out of your pocket and unlock the door, the creaking of the hinges echo through out the empty house and it makes you realise just how much you hate being home alone.

"Spooky..." you mumble.

You run upstairs to your bedroom, putting a vinyl on so that the dark abyss of the empty house doesn't swallow you whole.
"Nothing beats Sugar Ray." You say proudly to yourself as you start to dance towards your dresser.

After trying on a couple of dresses, you decided to go with a short and simple, spaghetti strap dress in beige with a matching beige bow in your half down hair.
"What a stunner" you say as you check yourself out in the mirror. Making sure to get every angle.

Suddenly, your bedroom door flys open, making your heart jump almost literally out of your chest.

"JJ!!" You shout as one hand clutches your chest and the other to a wall.
"Sugar Rays into yesterday? Nice." He says as he scopes out your room.
"What the hell jj?! You scared me half to death."
"I told you I'd raid your house."
"Huh? Is it time to go already?" You ask frantically looking for your phone.
"Yup. We've been outside honking the horn but uh, guess you've been too busy jamming out to hear us." He replies as he motions towards your vinyl collection.
"Shit, shit, shit. Well what're you waiting for? Lets go!"
Jj shakes his head and laughs, "was waiting on you, slow poke!"