VII

chapter name: 6.

Nick

- - -

Once Karl got his clothes and walked into the bathroom to change I quickly looked at Alex. He was looking at me also and we got the same message. He was nervous about it though, "What if he isn't gay?" I motioned towards the bed that we had literally been snuggling in and he laughed, "Yeah ok, we should take Karl back to our dorm while we get ready." I nodded in agreement.

We sat there patiently waiting for Karl to get done, he walked out of the bathroom wearing a light purple t-shirt, white cuffed jeans, some purple and white Adidas, and some rings. He looked amazing. I stood up. "Hey, wanna just come chill at our dorm while me and Alex get ready?" He grabbed his phone off of the counter along with his lanyard and turned back to smile at me. "Sure."

- - -

I unlocked the front door and walked inside, quickly met with the smell of fresh-baked muffins, I turned towards the kitchen then back to Alex. "Hey, go show Karl to our other roommates? I'll get your stuff out too." He nodded in agreement and took Karl to the kitchen.

- - -

Alex

- - -

I watched Nick walk away and started to direct Karl to the kitchen. Sitting on the counter was Zak while Bad was cutting the muffins out of the metal tin. He looked up to see me standing there with Karl. "Hey Bad, Zak, this is Karl, one of the brothers who just moved in next door." Karl smiled and waved, Zak waving back while bad stayed focused. "Karl the one with the muffins is Bad and Zak is on the counter." Nothing more was said so after a few seconds of silence Alex grabbed Karl's arm and led him back down the hall to the room that he shared with Nick.

He didn't knock before turning the handle, he just walked in with Karl on his tail. He was met with a shirtless Nick laying on the bed. Karl flushed bright red but Alex had seen him so much that it wasn't anything unusual. Nick looked up at Alex, not noticing Karl leaning against the now shut door and looking down. "Oh Alex, what should I wear?" Alex looked at the different shirts laid out on the bed and thought about it.

"This one," Alex said while holding up a white t-shirt with a fire logo in the middle of it. Nick smiled and thanked the boy before slipping the shirt on over his head. He quickly pulled on some black sweatpants while Alex put on the clothes that Nick had laid out for him. It was a dark blue sweater and some black jeans, no rips or anything. Nick slid some red Jordans on and Alex just put on some timberlands. Karl was still staring at the floor.

Nick went to grab his phone and Alex's as well as their keys before walking over to the other two men who were standing by the door.

- - -

Nick

- - -

We had just pulled up to the movie theatre, Karl pulling the key from the ignition and shoving his lanyard in his pocket, me and Alex followed him out of the car. He visibly shuddered when I went and stood behind him, "You ok?" He hummed, "Yeah just been a minute since I've seen a horror movie is all." I nodded and Alex grabbed my hand, holding it as we walked inside. Karl got the tickets and choose the seats while me and Alex focused on getting snacks, drinks, and popcorn.

About 20 minutes later all three of us were sitting at the top of the theatre watching as ads went by. Or really only Karl was watching them, he was sitting in the middle of us. I was texting Alex and he was responding quickly.

Alex <3 (Nick is bold, Alex is italicized)

Hey so how do you wanna do this?

Idk just like hand-holding at scary parts...idk

Maybe...

What about if one of us 'falls asleep?'

We just woke up dimwit

ugh ur right...

I have an idea

go off

I'll do it first, ask him to hold hands saying that I won't notice. Then a few moments later I'll ask the same thing...

Ok, but why say that you won't notice?

To see how he reacts, holding both, refusing one, not holding any, it just might tell us a bit more that we need to know

ugh sure dimwit

rude

no u

love u <3

luv you too <3

- - -

Karl

- - -

I have no idea what Nick and Alex are talking about but they are both typing fast, it's none of my business, it's their relationships anyways. Yeah, I think since they easily kissed, from the 'I love you's and the fact that they share a room that they are definitely dating...It's ok I don't need to date every hot person. I noticed the movie was about to start and nudged the two boys to put their phones away which they both did quickly.

About five minutes in while the main characters were still being introduced Nick leaned over to me. "Hey, Karl...uhm, I get scared during these types of movies and normally I'd have Alex to cuddle up to but you're in between us and he would never let me live it down...- anyway can I hold your hand please?" I would be lying if I said my heart wasn't in my throat, I didn't even wanna try to speak in case of my voice breaking. I nodded and he smiled in response. "Also, don't tell him please." I nodded and then turned back to the movie while holding Nick's hand, his thumb running along my knuckles.

About ten minutes later Alex leaned over to me, "Karl, I fucking hate scary movies.. so uhm could I like please hold your hand so I can stay grounded?" No way this was happening with both of them, could I even try to do something like that? What if they both found out it was with me? Would that make them less mad? No, because then they can get mad at me too? Y'know what it'll be fine..I hadn't responded to Alex and he was backing away.

I reached out and grabbed his hand, interlacing our fingers as his smile grew. "Thank's Karl." he lifted up our conjoined hands and kissed the back of my hand, he winked at me, "Don't tell Nick." I nodded silently and turned back to the movie. Holding two hot boys' hands while watching a move. Are they dating each other...maybe...am I gonna do it anyway...hell yeah.